What's new

boost controller and cusco catch tank...

Reaction score
THanks Nicely, I will see which option I take when I get some cash in ;)

Also a slightly off topic question, I can't seem to find a suitable hole in the firewall to feed the boost pipe and electric wire back inside when I tried to fit my boost controller (Profec B).

Am I right in saying that I should feed the electrical wire from the solenoid into the passenger firewall. And the boost pipe through the driver side firewall :confused: But I cant seem to find a appropraite place (that I can get access to) to feed those wire and hose.

CAn someone help (If possible with picture) where you guys feed the pipe back inside please.

Thanks very much in advance

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I have no front arch lining, so i dropped it through behind the sturt on the drivers side, then through the firewall just below that, the hose / cable will come through from behind a bunch, of what i think are fuses (cant remember now), a bit fiddly, took it from there up past the ignition barrel, cut a small hole in the steering coloum surround for the pipe, so when the streering wheel was pushed right up (where i haev it) it didnt nip the pipe.

Easy really :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I did it the other side with the SBC iD3. Down behind the passenger side strut. Behind the arch liner, about halfway up the actual arch, is a grommet. The cable and boost hose went through there and in right behind the ECU (you have to move the ECU to get it). The SBC comes with a seperate control unit to the actual display. This was attached to the dash under the glovebox. I spliced the power and earth direct into my Emanage wiring loom.

Usually there's a grommet near the brake cylinder. Mine is stuffed with alarm wiring though :rolleyes:

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Just remember that you don't have to slash out on a PFC. You can have the same degree of mapping by getting one of Jez's chips for ?295 (including mapping specifically for your car). :)
Do you get comission? :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol! I wish. Just don't like to see people paying over the odds, when there are equally good alternatives at a cheaper price. :)

If you were thinking if doing mapping yourself (and let's face it, most people aren't), then a PFC is great. If you are going to take it somewhere and pay for it to be mapped, you may as well get the chip (if you're nearish to Berkshire).

What I'm going to do once the 740s are in, is get a chip so that the backbone tune is accurately in place, then use the Emanage to manipulate any future changes (which will probably only be small).