What's new

Aero Bumpers (proper ones)

S

StarletRick

i have just had an interesting convo with my local nissan dealer...

we've managed to find a part numper for the aero bumper.... (you heard me right)

pictures all match up and it comes up as "aero" on the FAST system. and he has found a crossover number to allow the uk dealers to order the part.

after i picked myself up off the floor. he told me a the price, 790 quid.

after i picked myself up off the floor again i asked if there was any discounts for multiple orders.

there are! yay.

he said he can obtain some sort of code from nissan uk to apply to the sale and it can cut the price by about 10% or more.

so it could be an OEM spec aero bumper, colour coded, for 700 quid or less.

now thats close to the price of a replica FRP bumper + painting.

im willing to organise the GB on this. but its a prepay deal (nissan policy to have payment in full before ordering parts from japan) so you need the money ready to go.

hes faxing me over a picture of it, which ill upload if i can figure out how.

whos up for that then?

1. Rick

etc.

S

StarletRick

figured out the pics....

i need minimum of 3 for a discount.

come on gents.

M

Matt_S

Are you sure that 'group buy' price is valid for ANY colour, or is it just ONE colour (i.e. Pearl WHite)? Reason I ask is that afaik the GTR boys did a similar thing with the GTR grilles. But they had to be midnight purple to get the cheap price.

S

StarletRick

colour is irrelivant, but i will just need the colour code for the other colours that are needed (i only know white atm).

the discount is an internal dealership thing for larger orders. he will just pass on some of that to us.

i asked him the same question, lol.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I bet we could haggle a bit more than 10% off ;)

If their looking at a potential £2000+ order, I would have thought we'd get a bit more than 10% off??

Any ideas how long will it take for them to be shipped over once the orders gone through?

Reaction score
The aero front bumpers were registered with nissan uk when i had me little accident back in october haha

Between me the bodyshop and Westway nissan they managed to get it entered onto Nissan uk's system to order :D

We ordered the pearl white one, and were told its on back order... took about 6-8 weeks to come in the end i think, and came primer grey not painted haha but it came and thats the main thing :thumbs:

The body shop did say they had a dicount on it and got it around the £700 mark, so much £ for a single bumper.... but i didnt have to pay :rotfl:

:thumbs:

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Rick, I'd be interested if they definatly come painted, but not otherwise.

One problem I can see is Nissan UK taking our hard-earned money, then giving us 3 aero bumpers in primer as happened to roots (not that it mattered for him tho!).

Reaction score
yeah i was surprised it wasn't painted, we replaced the side skirts, and they came painted, i think even the door did...

although it ended causing a bit of a issue with colour matching in the end as new Nissan paint + new body shop paint and 9 year old original paint didn't match too well :D

S

StarletRick

the guy on the phone said they were painted and that the code was specifically for white, and if i needed other colours i would have to get those codes (insert someone with FAST here).

if i can get 3 definites. i will give him a call and see what i can get done.

ill try to haggle the price as much as poss!

also, lead time is 4 weeks according to the parts man.

if youre defo up for this craig, ill consider you down. all we need is another taker!

wheres dave when you need him :\ lol

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Rick, I do want one of these as you know, but I would definatly want some sort of written guarantee from the parts department at Nissan, stating that they are going to arrive painted in the correct colours before parting with any cash.

Normally they can order parts with a deposit rather than the full amount upfront..?

Push for 20% on them mate ;)

M

Matt_S

You wont get 20% on special order parts mate.
EVen the rear prop shaft seal I had to pay up front! :wack:
And I have a VERY good relationship with my guy as he's known me ten years! :wack: :D

S

StarletRick

as matt said, they wont take an order unless its paid upfront on the special items.

all i can say is, the guy said they were colour specific codes. and that they come painted.

does anyone have FAST codes for any other colours? i can compare them then, see if the are different.

Reaction score
sorry guys, wasnt trying to put doubt in any ones mind or spoil anything.. was just letting you know what happened when we ordered mine,

The part number we used was from fast using my vin and model number which gives all part numbers with the colour code for the car, (pearl white) i think i read on here that the part numbers are the same apart from the last two digits which change for each factory colour???

all i do know is we ordered the bumper in pearl white and it came grey :rotfl: skirts etc came pre painted white which is why i thought i would say :thumbs:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No roots, its not that at all, we would rather know the risks now than when its too late! I remember reading it in your thread anyway :)

I would like to be part of the GB Rick, but dont want to commit until we know a final price, and can get some extra re-assurance from Nissan that they are going to arrive in the correct colour(s). If Roots' bumper was ordered with the colour code and arrived in primer, then whats to say these ones will be right? And if we've parted with the cash already, I doubt nissan will be offering to partially or fully refund them if they arrive in primer..

IMO, £790 minus discount is good if painted, but too expensive if in primer.

S

StarletRick

thats ok mate, as long as you have the money ready to go at a short notice, i'll get a proper final price out of the guy.

and i share your opinion about value if painted or primed. i dont want to spend money ontop of that to get it sprayed...

i will find out though.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
^^ Yeah, thats cool. I've got the cash ready to go once we can confirm those issues mentioned above. Cheers mate.

:cool:

S

StarletRick

im going to try and finalise things on this within the next day or so. so if anyone else appart from craig wants in on it. nows the time to let me know ^^

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Do you think we can still get the discount with just 2 of us?

S

StarletRick

i wont be buying one if not late.

its still 1500 quids worth of bits (im ordering some service parts as well).

they would be silly not to apply the discount if it means earning that sort of money.

ill let you know what they say.

S

StarletRick

right, spoke to the bloke, can get them for a tad under 720 each.

he has guaranteed that they are painted. and if for whatever reason they come in primed, he will get it sorted and/or reorder them.

craig, IM me your phone number, if you can get me the money ill go and pay for it all on saturday. then its a 4 week wait.

anyone else interested?