What's new

Shortening the handbrake handle

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Is it me or does the handbrake handle seem needlessly long?

I'm thinking about taking a good couple of inches out of it, possibly more, and just wondered what the best way to go about it would be. I'm guessing it would want the 'chunk' cut out of the middle somewhere and the end welded back on in order to keep the button mechanism working. Probably need the button mechanism looking at too but presume the cable would be fine as it connects down at the bottom.

Would then find a decent aftermarket handbrake handle, very much liking the satin finish ali one pictured below, then fashion up a gaiter out of the dark grey alcantara I have sitting in the wings for a retrim.

Anyone done similar, have any ideas, or indeed a spare handbrake handle I can fiddle with for that matter? :thumbs:

Reaction score
the s14 handbrake is identical mate, pps have them on sxoc for good money. Personally i like the handbrake where it is, great for drifting. I think nissan really were onto a winner with the handle at least, i think cutting it and modding it is alot of hassel for very little gain