What's new

Turbo elbow bolt size...

Reaction score
Well on my mission to sort the remaining niggles with the car, one that I came across was Monday night the exhaust started blowing, not a biggie but it seems the turbo elbow has dropped a bolt :wack:

Can anyone confirm what size bolt I need...

I have noticed upon inspection however that the gasket is moving around freely between turbo and the elbow. Ie the other two bolts aren't tight enough... I'm really hoping whoever has messed with it previously hasn't cross threaded a bolt because as you can see from the pic, one of the bolts still in there is rather fresh looking so must've only been in there two minutes. I'm at work so have no tools handy but I can't turn either of the bolts by hand but I'm hoping they'll simply nip up and job done, I don't think they're cross threaded because it would've been blowing prior to sunday night which it wasn't... at least not noticeably!

So... fill in the missing gaps peeps :wack: any idea what size/thread bolt I need? Answers on a post card asap please people! Much love x :rotfl:

Reaction score
cheers dude :) From the look of the fresh bolt in there... they must drop out frequently... lol

Reaction score
Meh... I replaced the bolt last night where one was missing as per the pic and tightened the other two up but I can't seem to reach the two bolts underneath without getting under the car so I need to get it in the air when I have a chance. I thought that the two on the underside (not pictured) were supposed to be studs with nuts but they seem to have bolts in instead? Maybe it was messed with when the elbow was fit? Hmmmm... will try and get it in the air before JDM allstars this weekend and sort it, no biggie

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I had studs all around on mine. Much simpler, and you can then fit copper/brass nuts which WON'T come undone.

Reaction score
So what's the script, best to use like exhaust manifold studs with E torx heads? Is that the best solution? I might have to attack that next weekend, I'm at JDM allstars this time round and wont have the time :( meh!

Reaction score
def' not cross threaded when i fitted the elbow, so unless it was removed since....

the bottom 2 are studs, top 3 are bolts. :)

Reaction score
Bottom two have been replaced with bolts for some reason, I assume that's the problem... I'll sort it though :)