What's new

Clutch issue

Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't had all that much time to post on here and have mainly used it for reference but I must make some more time to keep posting! LMAO I'm currently just tryin to iron out a couple of niggles with the car. Everything's spot on apart from a few teething problems here and there which are now nearly all done bar potentially expensive one :wack:

Now... as far as I'm aware it's running a standard clutch which won't be great I know but previously it was fine. Basically, one day I could smell the clutch as if it had been ridden and I got paranoid that it was on it's way out and it felt like it wanted to die on me but being skint I had to make it last so I've driven extremely easy and over a hundred milesish it semi sorted itself out and got the feel back.

In normal driving it seems fine off boost but if you put your foot down, as you reach mid to high revs it doesn't necessarily feel although it's slipping badly but I think it is letting go slightly because the car feels a bit down on power and when I stop the car and get out there is black dust on the rear quarter panels, spats and bumper ie. bits of clutch.

There feels to be a good pedal but the sort of spring/biting point feels a little close to the floor. I really cant afford to replace it at the mo but need to get some more life out of it and daren't drive it normally for fear of it giving up on me, is there a quick fix or anything to breathe a little life into it?