What's new

squeaky clutch

B

BOOSTED

Noticed when I press the clutch in and out I can hear a squeaking noise, you can only really hear it when you press it slowly.

I think I found out exactly were the noise is coming from, that little pump/hydrologic thing just outside the gearbox ( is this the slave cylinder?)

just wondering if this is a problem or is it simply noise? and how do I stop it?

cheers

M

Matt_S

Its just the clutch arm pivotting on the slave tip (the slave is the little hydraulic thing you can see)
It has been known for the clutch arm to snap - so maybe just keep an eye on it. Make sure the clutch doesnt get too stiff etc and if you remove the box (for a clutch etc) grease it up good - or upgrade it!)

B

BOOSTED

what do you mean stiff?

so should I just try and lube it up between the arm and the tip?

M

Matt_S

Err, if you notice the pedal going stiffer than usual! :wack:

ANd no you cant really get in there, the pivot bit is inside :wack:

M

Matt_S

LOL! Ah, bad luck!
Basically, if the noise gets a lot louder, or if you feel the pedal getting stiffer, maybe worth getting another clutch arm as a standby! :thumbs:

TBH they all spueak a little bit. ;)

B

BOOSTED

true

doesnt seem that bad, only makes the noise when you move the pedal slowly

B

BOOSTED

not when I'm reversing out of the garage :p

might lube it up with lithium grease eventually

M

Matt_S

Reverse INTO the garage, then you wont have to reverse out and hear the noise! :p

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
when i had a 1 piece braided clutch line fitted and got rid of the damper and all the extra pipework it got rid of the squeak......