What's new

Boost pressure seems low??!!

D

Dizz

Well I only have my car 2 weeks but I'm thinking the boost pressure is lower than it should be as standard even. The only mods the car has are Blitz FMIC, Blitz filter and Nismo cat-back. According to my boost gauge (the standard one) the car is only boosting to about 0.45 bar, could this be right???

Are the standard gauges accurate at all? What should a S15 Spec R boost at as standard?

I'm getting the car rolling roaded next Saturday so really want to have it sorted if there's something wrong. If there isn't anything wrong how could I "up" the boost a bit before Saturday? Obviously still want it running safe...

subzero

Reaction score
jappers happy at .9 ...although for daily driving i leave it at .7 coz the 2way is a bit of a peperami in the wet.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
check the hose from the solenoid form the drivers side suspension turret to the top hose from the recirc valve. It often splits in the ends causing a small boost leak.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
you could replace the vacuum pipes to the boost solenoid as i believe there is a restrictor in one of them. i think this is known as a free boost mod. i changed all mine to silicone, and with a turbo back exhaust, pod filter and fmic was seeing 0.9 bar

D

Dizz

you could replace the vacuum pipes to the boost solenoid as i believe there is a restrictor in one of them. i think this is known as a free boost mod. i changed all mine to silicone, and with a turbo back exhaust, pod filter and fmic was seeing 0.9 bar
Do you have a pic of the one to replace? Just wouldn't mind a bit more boost before the RR

Thanks

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
its the one with the three way connector in it that goes to the boost solenoid from the cold pipe. im not sure if the free boost upgrade applies to the s15, but with what i listed mine was running 0.9, so i cant see a reason why you wouldnt of increased your standard boost by now with the mods you have - standard is meant to be 0.5??. the cat also frees a little up as its quite restricitive, i'd go for a decent set of plugs next, elbow, decat and a remap. sorted.

D

Dizz

its the one with the three way connector in it that goes to the boost solenoid from the cold pipe. im not sure if the free boost upgrade applies to the s15, but with what i listed mine was running 0.9, so i cant see a reason why you wouldnt of increased your standard boost by now with the mods you have - standard is meant to be 0.5??. the cat also frees a little up as its quite restricitive, i'd go for a decent set of plugs next, elbow, decat and a remap. sorted.
Ye can't understand it really to be honest... Doesn't even seem to be getting to 0.5 only about 0.45. I just checked the line from T-piece of OEM BOV up to the sensor and it seems fine, no visible perishing. The line going down to the intercooler pipe on the passenger side from the T-piece for the actuator looks brand new. What else can I check?

V

vti_coupw

where did you get the silicone pipes deane? i think im going to re-do the vacume lines as i think my own 15 seems down on boost but the gauge is reading 0.7-0.8 bar all the time?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i doubt replacing all the lines will help fix a fault but its a sure fire way of eliminating any little existing boost leaks and perishing rubber hoses. i got mine from rally design, they deliver to anywhere and are pretty cheap at around 7 quid for a 3metre length of samco. cant remember the bore sizes off hand but im sure i wrote it down somewhere - ill have a look:)