What's new

Slight shake at idle

B

BOOSTED

Hey fellas, just wondering if you knew what could be causing this.

Basically after my car warms up and is at it's normal idle speed there is a very slight shake, you can barely notice but it's there. I didn't notice until my mate told me today lol, now I can felt it when every time I'm stationary.

The revs dont jump around, they stay at the same speed, and my car starts fine, cold and warm.

Haven't had a performance problem, still pulls strong from 1500-2000rpm all the way through the rev range, and no weird noises or anything so I'm not sure. :confused:

Is this normal? or could it be from a loose wire or pipe or something?

cheers :)

M

Matt_S

Could be the engien mounts getting a bit tired. If the exhaust note isnt showing and 'miss' then its not engine related.

Reaction score
It could also be dirt on your AFM sensor or your ACC valve might need a clean. Check your plugs as well.

In saying that the two SR20DET's that Iv'e owned have never been a smooth as silk idle :D

G

GUEST_JDM

mine did do that, idles fine but has a little to much movment, ended up being the one way valve into the rocker cover, started slowly turning into a two way valve, never really noticed untill i changed it made a bit of a difference

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've always noticed that the idle isnt 100% perfect on these cars, as you modify it the vibration and noise increase a little in the cabin too. now im finished with the engine im trying to restore some of the civility back to being in the car:)

B

BOOSTED

mine did do that, idles fine but has a little to much movment, ended up being the one way valve into the rocker cover, started slowly turning into a two way valve, never really noticed untill i changed it made a bit of a difference
what do you mean?

which valve?

M

Matt_S

On the exh side of the cam cover there is a one way valve with a hose going back down to the sump/block behind the manifold. THe probably the one he is talking about.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
On the exh side of the cam cover there is a one way valve with a hose going back down to the sump/block behind the manifold. THe probably the one he is talking about.
i thought there was only one one way valve on the rocker cover - the pcv to the plenum? the other hoses - the ones on the exhaust side dont have a valve built in do they?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
its on the drivers side rear of the rocker cover - nearest the bulkhead. the hose is smaller than the ones on the exhaust side and is fitted in a compression o ring and just pulls out wth a little careful effort. popping out so havent got time to take a pic but can in a bit if you like:)

also, if your timing is out then this will cause a lumpy idle and the odd flat spot throughout the rev range......without checking it its hard to know if its set correctly.:)