What's new

which elbow, down pipe?

V

vti_coupw

hey peeps was just doing a bit of reading up on the forum and im thinking about getting a nice shiny stainless elbow and down pipe, which brane would ye recommend? also id like to get a stainless pipe from my blitz filter to the turbo, where could i get one of these??

all help appreciated
dave

N

nices15man

i just fitted a tomei expreme dump pipe and a blitz front pipe, the quality of the tomei is unriveled in my opinion. very good workmanship. and yea the blitz fitted verywell aswell!

N

nices15man

ive never really been a big fan of split dumps, might just be me haha, but i see the gas's flowing at different rates out of the dump and creating a little more restriction cause the exhaust gas's are being boosted out? but thats just my pov!
ive never seen a split front pipe..? but i dont really see a point to it either.. BUT it is made by HKS and im sure they know a hell of alot more then i do hahah!

N

nices15man

but than manifold does look increadibly sexy, how much was it..? by far the best looking one ive ever seen

Reaction score
where do ye buy from i look on ebay and that but dont know are these bits up to scratch.
I`m in ireland so the closer the better for shipping but if anyone knows a good store let me know please.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the metal intake pipe you can get from apex performance, the elbow and downpipe would of been from ths performance if they did them any more, they used to do both for 129.00 and the quality was good....

Reaction score
Why does it have to be shiny parts you are never gonna see them:p.
I have an all in one Dump and Downpipe. I had the seperates but got a blow by from the gasket between them,so by getting the all in one pipe I did away with the gasket altogether,result:nod:.

V

vti_coupw

ah once i know they are there i will always look lol, where might i aquire myself a 1 piece unit like you got? is it shiny? :D

Reaction score
ah once i know they are there i will always look lol, where might i aquire myself a 1 piece unit like you got? is it shiny? :D
I got mine from fleabay a place called Flying Performance in Aus were the only ones doing it when I bought mine not sure if anyone else is doing them now I will check and let you know. No its not shiny and I welded a flex into it cause I have a tubular mani, the flex prevents stress on the mani so it wont crack the welds,which some do.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLYING-S13-18...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

You could always have it chromed:wack:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Dean the THS flexi downpipe and elbow would be my choice if i was doing it again... Hopefully means less Turbo gasket changes too!

Dont they still sell these then?

the metal intake pipe you can get from apex performance, the elbow and downpipe would of been from ths performance if they did them any more, they used to do both for 129.00 and the quality was good....

sands

Reaction score
no ths stopped making them was onto him only couple of weeks ago. got a japspeed down pipe from driftworks whit the flex in it :thumbs: