What's new

MAF?

S

SinWicked

well today i was just checking out a few things, and decided to take the heater shield off the exaust manifold just lookin to see how hard it would be to put the new header on. well i decided it would be to difficult to do in my driveway. but when i put it all back together i forgot to put the bolts back in the top of the manifold, not knowing they went all the way into it. thus leaving a hole for the air to escape from. long story short now the car skips and studders, so i tried reseting the cpu and it worked for a couple minutes. but then when back to bein ****ed up, so after extensive diagnosing we decided to unplug the MAF for a second and then it ran fine. so my question is does this really sounds like it could be ****ed up? should i just clean it or order a new one?

another question, will i have to pull the motor to put the new header on? or can i pull it out still with the turbo on it? (i forgot the bolts from the turbo to the manifold come in from the bottom)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Could be. Clean it first and see how it goes. Brake cleaner sprayed onto the wire does the trick :thumbs:

When you say header, do you mean gasket? If you do, you'll have to take mani and turbo off to get at both the mani-head and mani-turbo gaskets. On the S15, you will get the OEM mani and turbo out OK. If you've got a tubular mani, its a complete bastard (depending on mani). Clearance past the ABS unit is non-existent. You have to loosen the ABS unit brackets, get someone to pull it someone else spends numerous fun-filled minutes maneovering the mani and turbo out... :rolleyes:

S

SinWicked

i will try the brake cleaner thing. and by header yes i ment the tubular aftermarket manifold, i didnt realize it was called something else outside the USA.