What's new

Options for new front discs (& pads)

D

Dizz

I'm so used to the Brembo F50s that I had in my Chaser that the brakes in the S15 just feel crappy. I think it's partly to do with the wear and tear on them though so I want to get new (uprated) discs and pads for it. Just wondering what my options are???

Getting them from Japan is definately looking like it's out of the question, I priced a set of Project Mu discs - €170 and then the shipping is another €230! Madness!

Do Mintex do drilled/grooved discs that fit the standard S15 brakes?? or maybe EBC?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
EBC do reasonably priced discs & pads & they have a couple of Irish dealers too. John in Jomo Engineering in Kilucan does them (0449376700). You could always go direct but I've just ordered some and got them cheaper off of John then everywhere else I looked....

P.S. John is pretty busy at the moment (building his time attack car) so if you don't get an answer try again later....

D

Dizz

EBC do reasonably priced discs & pads & they have a couple of Irish dealers too. John in Jomo Engineering in Kilucan does them (0449376700). You could always go direct but I've just ordered some and got them cheaper off of John then everywhere else I looked....

P.S. John is pretty busy at the moment (building his time attack car) so if you don't get an answer try again later....
Thanks mate! I'll give him a try next week when I'm back from the Ring so!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Don't be even marginally tempted to go for EBC Greenstuff. They are crap on S14/5 applications. Red Stuff are excellent. :) I ran larger Yellow Stuff pads with my 345mm discs.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I've heard that alright. Ultimax discs & yellowstuff pads all round is a bit of overkill for the na but it means I won't have to go back and change them if I ever get around to the DET swap :D (200sx calipers)