What's new

Sloppy Rear....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
fitted my collars today - they do tighten up the rear end quite a bit, not that much noisier but at the moment its hard to tell as my exhaust is rattling against the underside of the car:rolleyes: took about an hour and a half all in all including a good clean up under there.....

cheap, good modification:nod:

uh-oh, sorry to go back on this remark, but after a full day of driving around with them fitted, i am going to remove them:(. i'm finding the diff knock noise unbearable and annoying and although they do make a very good difference to the handling, i am going to wait for my arb's to arrive and go with polybushes later down the line. i just hope they havent knackered the bushes for now......

to be honest it may be because i have a paddle clutch fitted that the knocking happens more often due to the on/off nature of the clutch, with a normal clutch im sure the diff would engage more smoothly but the locking collars arent doing it for me:no:

Reaction score
Country

to be honest it may be because i have a paddle clutch fitted that the knocking happens more often due to the on/off nature of the clutch, with a normal clutch im sure the diff would engage more smoothly but the locking collars arent doing it for me:no:
Do you have pics from installing the collars?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
sorry no, but whats the probem? they are really easy to fit.....

S

ssshonky

hello all ! I am fairly new here but hopefully I can contribute something to this converation. I have not yet fitted subframe bushes to the s15 but we have fitted them to the Stagea. IMHO the subframe bushes made a good difference to the Stagea- Felt like it gets off the line quicker, but the increase in NVH was small but noticable. The Whiteline poly subframe bushes I got also allow you to use several different configurations. ie.. .more grip , change the diff angle , etc etc.. so they are definately worth going for.

I would probably go the Poly subframe bushes before going the Ally ones as i think they are just a bit less harsh. I have not used the Ally ones myself but I understand they are pretty brutal.

Swaybars are also a good idea but dont change too many things at one time or you wont know what each mod did :) - ie - you will notice a difference in handling all together but you wont necessarily know what mod did what.