What's new

connecting defi's - help

subzero

Reaction score
connecting defi's ...

Going to hook up a few gauges this week, any recommend a place to get the sandwich plate and t piece ??

is that all ill need to fit an oil temp / oil pressure and water temp ?? provided i have all the sensors ??

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
would ya not be better getting an oil filter relocation kit they have the holes for the sensors built in and makes changing the oil handy

subzero

Reaction score
ya just looking into that now .... its looking like 50ish sterling for just the adapter :rolleyes: ..... ill go on the hunt now and see about the reloaction kit ...

would it be worth getting an oil cooler system ??

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
try rhd japan i got mine there. not sure about the oil cooler prob be a good idea if you doing track days

Reaction score
Country
I got the Greddy relocation kit and its good bit of kit with quite a few places for sensors and makes changing oil a 10 minute job :) Cost me £100 delivered from Perfectrun a while back.

subzero

Reaction score
went for the greddy relocation kit from perfect run ....handy and tasty looking bit of kit. weighed up the options for the cooler and just thought it was too much money with the real need.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Are you fitting the Link Display Unit with the Control Unit II?

If so then make sure you wire up the speed signal by tapping into the correct purple and white wire that goes to the ECU. If you don't then the Display Unit doesn't work properly - keeps going to movie mode cos it needs a speed reading to keep it showing the oil/water readings you want. Took me ages to work that one out??!! :mad:

I had fun trying to get the damn sensor wires past the firewall - don't know how other people found this. In the end, I used a good ol' wire coat hanger - modified of course to push through a very small opening in one corner of the driver side footwell which did the trick.

It's all fun I guess lol... :)

subzero

Reaction score
stop man , these defi's are the biggest pain in the ass..... no such thing as straight forward .

its ok i dont have the defi link display so thats 1 less worry :) . i just have 3 defis and the control II . im in the process of getting a visual display unit ( which i think is badass).