What's new

S15 gearbox......

K

Krulle

Dont really know what happend.

But i gues it was the f*cking circlip.....

T

tripleJs15

how do you fix the circlip, how strong is it with that fixed, or what other options do we have ? Replace internals, os giken gearset, nismo box ?

subzero

Reaction score
one of the lads here in ireland has a 6sp going for 450 yoyos as far as i remember.

id say its of no use to you, because the shipping would be very expensive i would imagine.

T

tripleJs15

yes shipping will be high, but I want something that will be better than the OEM though.

Reaction score
Country
Well you have the Nismo 6 speed option or you could go for a PPG uprated internals and rebuild the box ?

Personally id go for a 5 speed 300ZX conversion from Mazworks over in the US as it will handle more power and maybe work out cheaper...

http://www.mazworx.com/

Cant see the kit on their site but i know they do one so maybe give them a call. They do run the worlds fastest S15 so they know their stuff :)

M

Matt_S

Giken kit maybe? Or Z32 conversion. A lot do it in the States to their S14s

T

tripleJs15

The mazworx kit is a great option, a friend of mines is running that in his 600hp S14.

How much does the PPG kit run, and does it solve the circlip issue ? Also I was told the Nismo box is just a little bit better than the OEM.

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The 3rd/4th counter gear circlip can be replaced by maching a new groove and fitting a fcuking tight new clip. FYI, the problem doesn't effect every box. Some 6MTs are running 400+bhp on the standard box without any issue. Its the luck of the drawer.