What's new

Atmospheric to recirc...

Reaction score
I currently have a HKS dump valve that's dumping to atmosphere but I'm contemplating swapping this for a recirc, will this actually cause much difference in performance? I'm being told a recirc will be much better for the car and will spool up quicker which is fair enough but I'm being told it will also aid my fuel consumption... true?

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
My guessing is it's anything like my ST185 when it was on standard ECU, the AFM requires recirc to work correctly, otherwise it will be overfueling drastically when the dv is open as it's loosing metered air from the system.

As such, you shouldn't get any baulking on gearchange and it'll generally be better for the engine. Though if you wind the tension up on the dv so it only opens under the highest amount of boost, it should be fine anyway.

Supposedly have a recirc will also allow the turbo to keep spinning as it's still circulating air, but in the scheme of things on a relatively standard engine/turbo then it's not going to make a great deal of difference :eek:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i loved my atmospheric dv, but the recirc kits (im using the forge one) are much more efficient and even retain some noise and you may get the odd pop/tiny bit of compressor surge if you catch it off guard. if you go map with a powerfc d-jetro or something then using atmospheric is apparently of no consequence but on an afm setup ive been converted to the opinion its the best way to go:nod:. listen to this lot on here mate, they wont point you far wrong:thumbs: