What's new

Standard Injector Size

M

Meddy

Ok folks another question which I would like putting to rest before I fit my new 740 injectors is exactly what size are the stock injectors when running at standard S15 fuel pressure?

This thread on SXOC didnt really give a definitive answer. http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176299

I need to know so that I can input the correct correction factor into my PFC. The difference between 448 and 480 is going to be about 5% which seems a bit much to me. I suppose if I go for the smaller of the two it'll only run rich rather than lean.

I could just get it mapped again but that seems a bit of a waste at the moment.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There is no documented answer to that, I'm afraid. I spent a while trying to find out. All I got was 'they're 480', 'pretty sure they're 480s'. But nothing concrete from Nissan or anywhere else. That query was based entirely on the entry in the A'PEXi manual. Its been shown before that mistakes are made in these manuals (S15 pinouts for the Emanage Ultimate for example).

AFAIK everyone is basing their PFC and Emanage on 480 injectors. Once you've got a remap done, its going to be irrelevant anyway...

When I fit my 740s, i'm going to send my 480s off to be cleaned and flow tested. There will be a definite answer then. :)

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
There is no documented answer to that, I'm afraid. I spent a while trying to find out. All I got was 'they're 480', 'pretty sure they're 480s'. But nothing concrete from Nissan or anywhere else. That query was based entirely on the entry in the A'PEXi manual. Its been shown before that mistakes are made in these manuals (S15 pinouts for the Emanage Ultimate for example).

AFAIK everyone is basing their PFC and Emanage on 480 injectors. Once you've got a remap done, its going to be irrelevant anyway...

When I fit my 740s, i'm going to send my 480s off to be cleaned and flow tested. There will be a definite answer then. :)
I thought as much but just thought it was worth airing the query to see if an answer crept out of the woodwork.

I was just trying to avoid having to remap, as to be honest I cant afford the expense at the minute and just wanted to get them fitted before I move house and lose my lovely double garage. :(

Any ideas how much it'll cost to get things tweaked for 1.1bar? I suppose it'll be another 4 hours or so labour to get a decent job done.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It's a shame you're so far from Newbury. Jez would map it for you for under ?150. And that would be a true on-the-road mapping.

Have to say, I'm seriously considering ditching the Emanage and getting him to do a chip. But he's only 25 miles from me. The only thing stopping me is that its a waste me getting the Innovate to do my own mapping and not use it... :p

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
It's a shame you're so far from Newbury. Jez would map it for you for under ?150. And that would be a true on-the-road mapping.

Have to say, I'm seriously considering ditching the Emanage and getting him to do a chip. But he's only 25 miles from me. The only thing stopping me is that its a waste me getting the Innovate to do my own mapping and not use it... :p
I didnt think Jez was familiar with the PFC. At ?150 it would be worth the drive. Ah just checked, its 190 miles each way so ?70 on fuel, still not too bad.

I paid ?380 for a full on the road mapping session when I first had the car done, which seemed to be about the going rate. If Jez is that cheap, it might be time for a road trip. :D

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
http://forum.s15oc.com/viewtopic.php?t=414

Its got to be a dry day though. Its actually done on the road, and would get a bit dangerous if it was wet. Its finne normally though. :)
Had a look at his prices and PFC mapping starts at ?250 so plus petrol is going to be no cheaper. :( Ah well never mind.

S

S15R

one question with the 740cc u got there, is it 4 pintle like the nismo 555cc?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Meddy said:
Nicely said:

Its got to be a dry day though. Its actually done on the road, and would get a bit dangerous if it was wet. Its finne normally though. :)
Had a look at his prices and PFC mapping starts at ?250 so plus petrol is going to be no cheaper. :( Ah well never mind.
He charges me ?40 per hour for Emanage mapping. Speak to him and see what he says. Mention you're on here and an SXOC member. :)

Just thought about what I said with getting a chip. I can do both. I can get a totally mapped chip and run a blank map via the Emanage, but tweak it should I change anything. :)

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Meddy said:
Nicely said:

He charges me ?40 per hour for Emanage mapping. Speak to him and see what he says. Mention you're on here and an SXOC member. :)

Just thought about what I said with getting a chip. I can do both. I can get a totally mapped chip and run a blank map via the Emanage, but tweak it should I change anything. :)
Ah ok I'll drop him a line.

If your running a custome map by Jez you shouldnt really need to tweak it. Allthough I guess it means if you make small mods you can account for them without making Jez richer.

Jez

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.h-dev.co.uk
I think the S15 injectors are 444s - I worked this out by comparing the standard S14 ECU code to the S15 code. I've assumed that the S14 injectors are 370cc (which is fairly well documented on the Internet)
I'll be interesting to see how they really flow when nicely gets them tested.