What's new

clutches

S

ShawnS15

hi guys,

i got a few question to ask..i ve got 2 choices in buying a clutch, 1 from exedy, 1 from cusco. both wanna get the organic/coppermix type.

1) which will be a better choice?
2) pedal efforts are the same?
3) how much it can hold?

regards,
shawn

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
exedy and cusco has a wide variety of clutches.
So you need to be a bit more specific which clutches you had in mind.

I would look into a clutch kit with flywheel and release bearing. My flywheel showed signs of overheating when I changed my clutch.

In fact I think it was the flywheel which caused the slipping. The clutch still had some go in it if I remember my friends comment who changed the clutch for me.

S

ShawnS15

i am looking for those heavy duty type/organic/coppermix type with stock s14 fly..

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been asking the same questions recently, I am just about to pick up my car monday with Exedy organic and a stock S15 flywheel.

Another recommended to me was the Exedy Hyper Single clutch and Fly kit... I didnt choose this option as I wasnt too sure about the driveability using a lightened fly??

I can feedback later this week if you like?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i can assure you now mate that after a day of using the exedy hyper single paddle kit - it is awesome:D

the pedal is as light as stock (with a braided clutch line) and only needs a little bit of concentration pulling away in first to begin with - took about two hours of driving to get used to and now i get on fine with it. driveability is still very good, piles on revs quickly, i really do rate this clutch from someone that was dreading a paddle - once you're out of first its superb.

the only negatives are reversing uphill can need some revs, and it may cause a little noise/vibration on decelleration but i am 90% positive that is my exhaust which at the moment is touching under the car. i even noticed that when left in second off clutch at very low speeds (going over bumps etc) it doesnt begin to judder until a very low speed, in fact so low a speed you'd be putting it back in first anyway:nod:

my opinion - 9.5/10 as nothings 100% perfect

M

Matt_S

The Exedy Hyper Single is a really nice clutch to work with. And can hold a few FtLbs too! ;) I had one on the S14 that I used to drift.

N

nices15man

sweet!! ive got one coming this week!

btw they can hold 400ps

Reaction score
I've just worn out my Exedy paddle plate. Lasted about 15K with some drifting/track days, so pretty heavy use but pretty much standard torque/power (on the S15 ~ 270Nm). I would like to go back to the days of no clutch judder so the organic could be a good option as it should work with the spring/cover.

Experience of the 2 anyone?

Will anyother plates work with the Exedy cover?