What's new

Clearance for Spare wheel

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that I have ugraded the front brakes I have just realised that I am going to need a bigger spare wheel.. in case of punctures etc..

I upgraded to the DB-Power 315mm discs..

http://www.db-power.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=128_147_244_416_417&products_id=629

Does anyone know what size/width/stud pattern and offset will fit over these and still go in the spare wheel space in the boot too? It would only be to limp home or to the nearest garage so doesnt need to be anything performance related?? I guess an alloy maybe lighter too?

Als:thumbs:

Reaction score
or, if ever that pants happening occurs, put the space saver on the back and use a rear wheel....?

can of tyre weld?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've just fitted Non-run flats to my daily driver (BMW), have no spare, but carry a can of tire weld :thumbs:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheers guys, Does tire weld not cover the alloy full of <rap?

I assume it cant do magic and fix a puncture similar to what i got in the S13 a few years back on the M4 (8mm drill bit!!! :eek:) So you must rely on a breakdown service too? I have AA, so yes i guess i could be a girl and use em...

I was just thinking of getting a 17" alloy 6.5/7 with a low profile tyre on it as a spare instead...

Reaction score
Website
www.littleknocks.co.uk
I used it once before, and it worked a treat. It does mean you need to clean the inside of the wheel after use, but thats easy and doesn't really matter. It wont fix major holes, which is why I make sure I carry my RAC card.
Just make sure you get the right can for your size tyre, its written on the back of my can.

Reaction score
would tire weld sort this :p blow out on motorway lol

Great likk to DB Power now im looking at the 345mm brake conversion looks nice:thumbs:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score