What's new

Cheap Exedy clutch??

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My clutch has started slipping recently not bad but want to start thinking about it! It also sounds like my spiggot bearing has gone too :( I might aswell do both at the same time... Unfortunatly I dont have any money lol I'm thinking about getting a cheap clutch just to keep me going untill I have enough money for a proper set up. It doesn't matter about labor as I will be doing it myself.

So what do you think about this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150285876088&Category=10402&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Can it be a real Exedy clutch kit for £180??

Also does anyone know where I can get a spiggot bearing from, will it be the same as the S14 so i can go to Nissan UK?

Cheers

Last edited:
E

Envious

Be weary of these mate. Usually cheap chinease versions!

Spigot bearings are only a couple of quid aswell, just a brass bush.
Not 100% sure whether it is the same as an S14 because
the s15 uses a 6 speed gearbox.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok cheers mate, have you had any experience with these then?

Did you get hold of an S15? I didn't know there was another one in Hertfordshire! Where abouts are you in Herts?

Last edited:
E

Envious

I've had experience with most s-bodies and learnt alot since I first entered the world of Nissan when I owned my s13.

I am actually still looking for an S15.
I found one recently but was sold to someone else, even though I was told I could come an collect (long story).

I live just by Stevenage.

Just after a white one at the mo not really bothered if Spec-R or not now.
Got the whole car planned just need a car lol

Reaction score
Sorry mate, I meant the clutches off ebay lol Didn't know if you had fitted one and they were crap or something...

I think you should wait untill you can get a Spec-R to be honest mate.. you might regret it in the future! I really wanted a white one but the deal I got was one I couldnt resist!! lol

I'm at Hatfield uni and i stay in welwyn :thumbs: have you been to letchworth on a Thursday? I dont really go any more its not as good as it used to be :(

Last edited:
E

Envious

Oh the clutches. I had a clutch go before and found these but I asked on sxoc and the response I got was that these "cheap" Exedy clutches were rubbish Chinease copies. It goes for the saying if it seems to good to be true etc.

Oh it would be a spec-r all day long but not necessarily bothered about it being an aero anymore as I would probably get rid of all the aero kit lol.:D

You are not to far from me at all! Is it Garden City Or village?

I did go Letchworth on a thursday a while back only really used to go to show people how proper cars should be haha! :cool:

E

Envious

This isnt too much off the price if you get it from Jez at HD...?
For peace of mind you might aswell go to HD, SRB etc you know you are getting genuine parts that way.
Also a company you can actually call and speak to someone!:nod:

I am just relaying the general opinion of the SXOC with regards to these when I asked.:thumbs:

Reaction score
Oh the clutches. I had a clutch go before and found these but I asked on sxoc and the response I got was that these "cheap" Exedy clutches were rubbish Chinease copies. It goes for the saying if it seems to good to be true etc.

Oh it would be a spec-r all day long but not necessarily bothered about it being an aero anymore as I would probably get rid of all the aero kit lol.:D

You are not to far from me at all! Is it Garden City Or village?

I did go Letchworth on a thursday a while back only really used to go to show people how proper cars should be haha! :cool:
Ok mate, thanks for the info! Yeah its Welwyn Garden City. Well if your going to change the kit then theres not much point getting an aero I suppose.

When you get it, let me know and we can meet up :thumbs:

This isnt too much off the price if you get it from Jez at HD...?
I had a look on the HD website but couldnt seem to find any clutches?? do you know how much they are or have a link?

Thanks alot!

Reaction score
Country
Why is £180 for an Exedy OEM blueprint clutch part regarded as too cheap ?? The seller has 1739 feedback with 99.5% positive rating. Hes stating they are all genuine parts, wouldnt he be banned or have a somewhat worse rating if everyone who brought off him found the parts to be 'chinese' rubbish copies ??? Also the boxes in the background are the standard blueprint Exedy boxes their clutch kits come in.

An 'uprated' exedy clutch + a lightened flywheel is about £750-£850 but uses superior parts to the OEM kits (and the flywheel porbably accounts for 50-60% of the price) so is understandable why they cost so much more.

Reaction score
Why is £180 for an Exedy OEM blueprint clutch part regarded as too cheap ?? The seller has 1739 feedback with 99.5% positive rating. Hes stating they are all genuine parts, wouldnt he be banned or have a somewhat worse rating if everyone who brought off him found the parts to be 'chinese' rubbish copies ??? Also the boxes in the background are the standard blueprint Exedy boxes their clutch kits come in.

An 'uprated' exedy clutch + a lightened flywheel is about £750-£850 but uses superior parts to the OEM kits (and the flywheel porbably accounts for 50-60% of the price) so is understandable why they cost so much more.

I didn't mean it was too cheap, what I was missing was 'OEM' didn't realise Exedy did standard parts! I think I might have a go with one of these until I can get a proper one with a lightened fly wheel

Cheers :thumbs:

Reaction score
No worries, I went with an exedy hyper single plate in the end plenty of £££ lol great bit of kit though :thumbs: