What's new

oil catch tank help!!!!!

J

jonny b

i got a japspeed oil catch tank today and just wondering when i connect the pipe which goes from the rocker cover to the top of the tank should i tee it in to the one there already or block the one which is there already off which goes to my air filter????thanks

E

Envious

The pipe which runs from the top of the rocker cover should go straight to the Catch tank.

Block it off where it used to go to the air filter.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
you can do it this way but it apparently causes a rough idle as there is an umetered air source getting in through the catch tank, rocker, pcv valve and into the intake. its much better so im told to have one hose from the rocker to the tank, the other from the tank back to the inlet. hope nicely doesnt mind me borrowing his pic but here is what i mean:D

J

jonny b

o ryt i have one pipe going from the rocker cover to the top of the tank and was told to let the other one hang down to let waist oil drop out is this correct or do i connect it back up to the pipe which was origionally on to the roicker cover????

Reaction score
hi mate
was just wondering where that clear thick hose that goes accross the front of the rocker goes too and from? the trouble im having is finding the right size connections to fit the rocker to tank then tank to wherever it supposed to go....
cheers
jono

Reaction score
Thats actually the return hose for the blow off valve. The hose from the tank goes back to your intake pipe.