What's new

Better handling?

D

daniel83

Hallo again!

I´m wondering about getting some coilovers to my S15.
But I don´t know witch brand I should get.
The only demand I have on them that you can adjust the camber.
What do you guys recommend?

//Daniel

Reaction score
tein super street if its a daily driver

tein monoflex for track and street.

Id also recommend a good set of front and rear arbs to go with them vast improvement over stock

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
a lot of people fit the k-sports and apex coilovers which have plenty of adjustment for camber on the fronts but none on the rear (most coilovers dont have rear camber adjustment, for this you need adjustable arms).

get some more feedback on these from other owners, but if you are interested in them then there is a group buy ongoing over on the sxoc for apex coilovers and the price for a set is 499 if bought through the gb. http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=382843.:D

i myself have tein mono flex and edfc, but i didnt pay for these, they were already on the car, but they retail at around 1500 quid this year:wack:

D

daniel83

a lot of people fit the k-sports and apex coilovers which have plenty of adjustment for camber on the fronts but none on the rear (most coilovers dont have rear camber adjustment, for this you need adjustable arms).

get some more feedback on these from other owners, but if you are interested in them then there is a group buy ongoing over on the sxoc for apex coilovers and the price for a set is 499 if bought through the gb. http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=382843.:D

i myself have tein mono flex and edfc, but i didnt pay for these, they were already on the car, but they retail at around 1500 quid this year:wack:
I know. But I was woundering if their was some other brands you recommend.

Reaction score
i had superstreets and whiteline ARB's fitted on mine... was a great "fast road" car! :)

accompanied by full set of alignment arms too. :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
godspeed, available from db power but i think there will be another gb on these soon too on the sxoc.....

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
i had superstreets and whiteline ARB's fitted on mine... was a great "fast road" car! :)

accompanied by full set of alignment arms too. :)
I have the same as Dazz0i, Superstreets with whiteline adjustable roll bars. Great on the road, not as harsh as other coilovers and still hold their own on the track. I would also suggest getting adjustable camber / caster and toe arms as they give you more adjustment when aligning your suspension.

It really comes down to how much you are going to use it on the track and if you can put up with a hard ride on the street. Have a think about your local road conditions as they should have an input on what you choose. If your local road are crap like mine, opt for something a little softer.

Also, superstreets don't go ultra low. Don't get me wrong, you can still lower your car by about 2 inches, but if you are after a road scraping S15 the superstreets won't do it for you. If you have a look at the pictures I posted in my S15 thread the other day, you will get a good indication of how low you can go. Mine has been lowered by about 1.5" and has 2 threads of lowering adjustment left on the coil overs. (equals about .25" - .5") but I don't think I would go any lower.

That should give you something to think about :p

R

R3N

do any of you know what the thickness of the stock sway bars are? wondering whether to go 22 or 20mm at the rear with 27mm at the front

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have a 22mm fitted to the rear, but mine are whiteline and are adjustable. It is currently set to the soft setting.