What's new

Small Oil Leak

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
OK Ive discovered I have a very slight oil leak on my car (about a teaspoon every 2 weeks).

Now I know what 90% of you are thinking right now and that is turbo oil line.

Well from what I can see thats all dry so Im quite sure its not comming from there, and I put braided lines on last year so I doubt they have broken.

Just wondered if there are any other common places these cars leak oil that I can check before getting the axel stands out and having a decent look?

Its comming from the passenger side of the engine infront of the turbo, although it could be comming from anywhere with the cars undertray.

Thanks,

Darren

Reaction score
When i was last under mine i noticed oil running down the side, underneath the oil dip stick. i wiped it up and it slowly comes back again....

perhaps it is something to do with the seal around the bottom of the dip stick... if there is one.... i'm kinda assuming there is :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hey darren, looks like you're oil pump cover seals are leaking same as mine, check behind/between the power steering pump and air con pump and where the auxiliary pulleys are on the front of the block. its a head off job to fix it if thats what it is (its very common as the seal on this part is not the greatest), so may be worth waiting till you have some major work done before sorting it if its not causing any probs.

D

david

Could be them seals but there is a few commen SR20DE/DET oil leaks!
1)Timing cover.
2)loose oil filter.
3)Crank shaft oil seal.
4)Sump Gasket(nissan sealer)

My daily driver my Almera GTi which has the SR20DE has been leaking a few drops lately,at first i just taught it was oil from doing a service and changing the filter but iv cleaned it down last week and driving since and cheaked it again its comming from the crank shaft seal. it was wet around the sump but mostly between the aircon pully and the crank pully. it also only leaks while driving because when i cleaned it down and left it running for 2 hours nothing came.fitting the new seal tomorrow and they are handy fit and was only 12 euro from nissan. U will need to clean it well leave ur under covers off and drive it a day and then check it again.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the help guys :thumbs:

Sounds like Ive got some investigating to do.

Ill keep an eye on how much is comming out for now and investigate it further when I get some time and the weather is a bit nicer (assuming it get no worse) :rolleyes: