What's new

Broken hose?

D

daniel83

Hallo!
I have a bit of a problem.
Last year in august my car began dripping water from the Turbo area. And on the yearly check they said that their is coming coolant water from under or above the turbo.
So my question is.
What do you guys think?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Most likely the coolant pipe for the turbo. Get a steel braided turbo hoses kit and change them. Don't know if you have to, but removing the turbo is the way I would do it.

While you're at it, I would change the turbo to elbow gasket and get some proper locking nuts for it aswell as getting new locking plates.
maybe get a 3" elbow while you have the turbo out. It's much easier to fit that with the turbo out of the engine bay.

Oh and by the way. I got my clutch from perfectrun.com.au
there was a 3week manufacturing time though from Ogura.
The ORC 409 kit is nutorious to make a very noticable buzzing sound between 2500-2700rpm which will shake the car around a bit. Doesn't seem to happen to all the kits, but if that doesn't bother you, it's a very good kit.

D

daniel83

Most likely the coolant pipe for the turbo. Get a steel braided turbo hoses kit and change them. Don't know if you have to, but removing the turbo is the way I would do it.

While you're at it, I would change the turbo to elbow gasket and get some proper locking nuts for it aswell as getting new locking plates.
maybe get a 3" elbow while you have the turbo out. It's much easier to fit that with the turbo out of the engine bay.

Oh and by the way. I got my clutch from perfectrun.com.au
there was a 3week manufacturing time though from Ogura.
The ORC 409 kit is nutorious to make a very noticable buzzing sound between 2500-2700rpm which will shake the car around a bit. Doesn't seem to happen to all the kits, but if that doesn't bother you, it's a very good kit.

Alright. Thanks!
By the way the hose kit you have from Airtune witch one of theirs is it?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Reaction score
Thats deffinatley the coolant lines to the turbo! I have just done mine as i had the same problem, get the braided hoses from hosesolutions and like yakozan said you might as well do all the gaskets changed whilst its out... especially the turbo to manifold one!

I would get it done sooner rather than later because if you keep driving it and topping it up like i did then this will happen..

Then its totally undrivable because it wont hold any water at all!

I also had to do my turbo to manifold gasket because it was seriously blown...

There's a really good guide on sxoc if your going to do it your self

Last edited: