What's new

Will my 52mm boost guage fit in the stock boost gauge holder?

wutang200

Reaction score
Would be interested in knowing if this is possible if I removed the standard boost gauge from a pillar.

I already have an Autometer 52mm gauge from my S14a and would like to re-use this if possible instead of buying a new gauge.

Thanks in advance.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yes it will, just remove the front part and fit it into that, then clip it back on. job done.

Reaction score
Country
The OEM gauge isnt mechanical as the controller unit sits in the engine bay behind the fuse box. You will need to run a boost hose into the pillar by replacing the short existing boost hose.

wutang200

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Is it the vacuum pipe I require or actual boost hose?

I already have plenty of boost hose lying about but will have to buy a T piece and vacuum pipe if required.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
on the drives side suspension inner wing in the engine bay there is a little black box with a grey electrical plug going to it and a vacuum hose. unplug the grey plug and unplug the vacuum hose then tuck the plug out the way and completely unbolt the black box. this is no longer needed as it is the sensor for the original gauge. you can then tee into this vacuum hose for the supply for the new gauge.

wutang200

Reaction score
I've just been out and had a look at what needs to be done and it looks pretty easy removing the controller thing as its held on with 2 screws against the suspension turret.

There is a vacuum hose going between the controller and a T section a short distance away. Is this the same T section that requires a new vacuum pipe fitting on it?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
yep remove the thin vacuum hose that goes to the sensor from the tee piece, then fit your new vacuum for the gauge onto there

wutang200

Reaction score
Thanks very much for that. Does seem pretty easy to do :)

Am I running the vacuum hose along inside of the opening on the drivers side wing to get it to the A-Pillar?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
theres a rubber gromet in the bulkhead behind the inle manifold that is the ideal place to pass it through.