What's new

loss of power and noisy dont know why.??

Reaction score
Hello friends,
Im having a spot of trouble with my car and its really starting to annoy me. Sometimes when I start my car I have no power the car idles fine but shakes and backfires when I drive it. The car will drive but the turbo doesn’t kick and no acceleration in it. It might not happen for a few weeks but its happened twice in the last two days. Then if I park it up for 15mins the problem goes away (most of the times) and drives fine again for a few weeks.
It can happen if the car is started from cold and once happened while driving. I think its dirty petrol causing it to misfire but I don’t know if it is. I taught it should have cleared out by now but no joy. Any ideas of how to sort it are what is causing it would be great,
Thanks folks

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if it sounds like a subaru then its most likely a coilpack.remove the coil cover and leave it off, that way if and when it happens, whilst the fault is there, unplug each coil pack in turn one at a time, one of them will not have any effect on the engine note - thats the faulty one. exactly the same thing happened to mine. if it happens when the car is going along then drive it carefully off boost. mine was the rear most pack and from what i understand this is the most common to fail due to its position and the heat it is exposed to.....

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
just out of interest.. with the coilpacks, can you change them individually or do you have to do all 4 at once?

Reaction score
ah fairplay lads saved me a mechanics bill, much appreciated
the SplitFire coil packs worth getting r just replace the faulty one??

Last edited:
Reaction score
splits will cost you about £250plus.... a single standard one is £55ish from nissan....

Reaction score
problems got again but ill source a coilpack and when it happens again ill let ye know how it turns out.
thanks for the help

D

dss15

Let me know how this rolls..
I just experienced a good old power shudder today.
Intermittent - I thought it might be time for a new fuel filter, but we'll see if it happens again...

Reaction score
ten points to jez,
coilpack at the rear of the engine looks like the problem alright. i took it off when the problem was there then put it back on and problem went for a week. Just having trouble finding one, i wont lie havent looked to hard.ill get it sorted this weekend

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Just put a post in the wanted section. If anyones upgraded to Spitfires they'll have 3 good ones still..

Reaction score
Got a coil pack off raystang. Cheers mate:thumbs:
it was the coilpack to the rear of the car, (closest to the windscreen)
And that has cured the problem!!!!:notworthy: