What's new

Fitting Braided Brake Lines

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
A while back I tried to fit some braided brake lines to the front of my car without success.

Got the MOT next month so I need to get this sorted out now.

I've got the braids that replace both the solid metal pipe and the rubber hose.

Unfortunately I'm having problems with the little brass nut on the body side of the rubber hose.

I've tried to get it off buts its really stuck on tight and as its brass I'm scared of rounding it off (already started this a little).

Has anyone else experienced this or got any good ideas how I might be able to persuade it off?

I cannot get a ring spanner or socket on it, only a normal spanner :(

Help...

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the suggestions guys :thumbs:

Roots thats exactly what Ive been trying to find, I had a conversation with someone who told me about spanners that are like ring spanners with a gap but I could not find them anywhere.

Ill try and get one this weekend and give it a go in a few weeks as its far to cold to work on the car just now :wack:

Reaction score
tell me about it! i did an oil and filter change last week and it was hell!! haha i have some braided break lines to fit too, so let me no how you get on :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Spray with WD40 leave for a while then try vice grips. Be careful :)

When you fit the braids, have you anything on them to fit into the clip half way? (where the copper used to meet the rubber), some i've seen have rubber sections, mine dont, so looking for ideas.

Reaction score
the ones apex are selling how have bits on them that fix to the strut with the OEM clip.... very useful for the people that live near picky MOT stations that don't like you "making" them fit.....

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I got the ones from Apex with the bracket half way so it wont be a problem for me.

These

I guess a large rubber O ring with a split around the outside edge might work?