What's new

Aftermarket Manifold

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
I bought a ss manifold for my S15 and it was stated to be for an S15 but when my garage fitted they said it was an S14.

I want to confirm with those inthe know if this is true and if so would the internal diameter of the pipes be different? I now have 43mm, is this an increase over standard?

Reaction score
Country
S14 aftermarket manifolds are fine on the S15 as they are identical fitment. The only difference is that you have less clearence between the engine head and ABS on the S15.

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
My garage said that the turbo had moved back about an inch towards the bulk head.

Also what are the standard internal diameter of the exhaust pipes for the S14 and S15?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If the turbo moved back after fitting the manifold, it would have moved the same if it was fitted on an S14. The standard JDM S15 exhaust has a bigger bore than the standard Euro S14. About 2.5 inches, I think (on the S15).

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
If the turbo moved back after fitting the manifold, it would have moved the same if it was fitted on an S14. The standard JDM S15 exhaust has a bigger bore than the standard Euro S14. About 2.5 inches, I think (on the S15).
You mean bigger outlet from elbow? I now have 3 inches all the the way to my Nur spec.

My question is the size of the exhaust ports, mine are 43mm and I was wondering what the original was. I could check my old manifold.

M

Matt_S

Mate,

If it doesnt fit your car it wont have fitted an S14. THe exh ports on the head are the same, but the factory manifold is slightly bigger bore as nicely says.
Aftermarket ones are the same for S13 (SR), S14 and S15 so youre garage either dont have a proper fitting manifold or are fcuking you about somehow trying to blag it. Next thing you know they'll be saying theyve got it to fit but it will be $xxx extra :wack: