What's new

Increasing steering lock

W

WATDA

Just wondering what people have done to increase the steering angle. Was thinking of using the tie rod spacers but heard you need to use s14 tie rods and ends. Do s14 tie rod inners fit the S15? Need some more angle for drifting :D

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
I've had tien tie rods and ends fitted and it made a big difference. Be careful though as if you have aftermarket wheels and wider tyres you can catch the inner arches. Mine on full lock is much better but I am catching the inner arch but only a little scuff. Well worth the change, I can reverse my car up my drive and turn 90 degrees without the rear coming close to the wall.

M

Matt_S

Use R32 GTR with two 3mm spring lock washers each side. And plenty of licktite. WOrked fine on the S14. The threads are the same throught the racks on the S body. But the S14 has really short rack ends on the rods, so you cant put spacers on them. Ive not seen S15 items out the rack, but if you use the GTR ones theyre the exact same part as the Tein ones (thicker) and have the longer thread.

Also, S15 tension rods, if you look at them, have a bend in them, exactly where you would expect a wheel to rub with extra lock....

Weird! :D Its almost like they know you cant run the lower offsets you can on the S14 and so accomodate it in the arch more :wack:

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
can anybody confirm that you can put gtr32 rods and ends onto an s15? and does the gtr32 ends ends change the suspension geometry by raising or lowering the pivot point or is it at the same height as standard?

J

jhinchy

I used the tein kit on mine. Made a nice difference. Another well known trick in these parts is to pop the centre from a €1 coin, the hole in the middle is the perfect size, one or two of these in each side will have you scrubbing the chassis legs!

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
nono, it's just that you mentioned you haven't seen the s15s sooooo...... but anyways, comparing the good ol' part numbers did the trick :D

now the only thing is, are the gtr32 geometry in the ends the same geometry as s15...

Last edited:
W

WATDA

I just finished installing s14 tie rods and ends and installed a 6mm spacer on the rack so more lock for me now!!!

M

Matt_S

OR............... can you use standard s15 ends with gtr32 rods?

i want more lock too! :D
You cant use std rod ends with either the Tein or the GTR32 rods. Theyre thicker (and stronger).
The rods and ends may be different, but the diamter of the balljoint spline (thingy) that goes into the hub is all the same throughout the R and S chassis cars.