What's new

Nicely,, did u get my pm? i got something to ask u

S

ShawnS15

i am driving a s15 with s14 GB

thinking of switching my ORC409 to either NISMO super Coppermix or Cusco super coppermix..

can tell me
how does it feel?
nice to drive?
hows the holding power?
any NVH? <--- especially this. (noises when deccel at 3k rpm to 2k. becoz the nismo site stated at their product note)

regards
shawn:)

Reaction score
i am driving a s15 with s14 GB

thinking of switching my ORC409 to either NISMO super Coppermix or Cusco super coppermix..

can tell me
I might be able to help
how does it feel?
Nismo= very good rock solid even if you dump it
nice to drive?
Still very good on the street,slightly stiffer peddle feel than stock
hows the holding power?
Unbelievable compared to stock unit, great if your pushing out 200-240RWKW
any NVH? <--- especially this. (noises when deccel at 3k rpm to 2k. becoz the nismo site stated at their product note)
Yes, more noticable in 4&5 grear on the run down/back off.
If you can get used to the slight drive train noise it is the ideal clutch for steet and occasional track work (Nismo copper) :)

S

ShawnS15

I might be able to help

Nismo= very good rock solid even if you dump it

Still very good on the street,slightly stiffer peddle feel than stock

Unbelievable compared to stock unit, great if your pushing out 200-240RWKW

Yes, more noticable in 4&5 grear on the run down/back off.
If you can get used to the slight drive train noise it is the ideal clutch for steet and occasional track work (Nismo copper) :)
do you think it worth changing off the ORC409D?

if nismo has the NVH then i might not change coz ORC have that too. it loud and noisy, sound like the GB area going to break..

i saw in a thread that NICELY said it smooth and quiet or something like that. i forgotten where it is...lolz

NISMO coppermix compare to CUSCO coppermix....what your preference?

thanks alot mate for your reply...

Reaction score
I don't know much about the Cusco item but if its anything like their suspension components than it would be well made.
Nismo is very well regarded here in Aus and is the clutch of choice for those that want a daily that is still track reliable. ORC is very similar to Nismo,its more to do with whats the best price you can get either for.
Once you take out the dual mass flywheel from the S15 you will get drive train noise in varing degrees depending on what clutch you install.It all boils down to what you want from your clutch, how much power and what sort work its going to be doing

Exedy/Daikin are also worth considering seeing that they make most AM clutches these days for other companies including Nismo

S

ShawnS15

hmm ok. given a rate to 10 what no. would u giv for the noise level, ( dont take into consideration of exhaust note)

Reaction score
hmm ok. given a rate to 10 what no. would u giv for the noise level, ( dont take into consideration of exhaust note)
About 4 if your looking at the stock clutch as being zero. If your worried about noise you could put in an Exedy heavy duty organic clutch if your not going much above 200KW ATW which is still a lot better than the stock item:)

S

ShawnS15

hmmm. what atw??

4 is actually quite low...

for my ORC i give it 8 or 9..lol

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ATW = at the wheels

As I said it is more noticeable at the higher gears,but you get used to it.
Just put some bigger subs in:nod:
Where are your "fully sik" subs Phil?

Remember to be "fully sik" your subs have to bigger diameter than your wheels.

S

ShawnS15

huh.. what do you all mean subs? fully sik,,

your recommend me to change off my ORC409 to nismo coppermix ~.~?

Reaction score
huh.. what do you all mean subs? fully sik,,

your recommend me to change off my ORC409 to nismo coppermix ~.~?
Subs= Subwoofers, bass speakers etc.

Without hearing how much noise you are getting from your ORC it would be difficult for me to recommend the Nismo unit as quieter than the ORC.

If you could drive a car with the Nismo clutch it would be the best answer to your question :nod:

S

ShawnS15

haha yeah but i dont have anyone here using nismo clutch here.

arrrrr so confuse...

Reaction score
Country
if i remenber correctly Nicely had always complained about the noise comming from his nismo copper mix clutch.

also heard that its the lightweight flywheels that dont have the dual mass like the original flywheel that causes the noise.

some people put back the orignal s15 fly wheel this could be a option??????

also haveing the clutch with a damper spring in it could help!!!!
there are number of versions of the orc409D sold on nengun. some hade damper spring, some dont.some are spesified to be noisy and some not. what is the full spec of your orc 409D?

S

ShawnS15

if i remenber correctly Nicely had always complained about the noise comming from his nismo copper mix clutch.

also heard that its the lightweight flywheels that dont have the dual mass like the original flywheel that causes the noise.

some people put back the orignal s15 fly wheel this could be a option??????

also haveing the clutch with a damper spring in it could help!!!!
there are number of versions of the orc409D sold on nengun. some hade damper spring, some dont.some are spesified to be noisy and some not. what is the full spec of your orc 409D?
i am using s14 clutch on s14 gb so s15 flywheel wont work? mine is the 409D-02N.( damperless ) my friends have a dampered spring but that a twin and it making noises too.

SR2O

Reaction score
Sorry to bump such an old thread guys, but - I am sick of the noise caused by Nismo Super Coppermix (Single Plate). My understanding is that this is caused by the lightened flywheel. I still have the dual mass flywheel, can you mate this with the nismo clutch in order to make it quieter?

Reaction score
You can try but the strength of the Nismo clutch and pressure plate will probably destroy what is a weak flywheel . The noise is also caused by the unsprung copper mix clutch plate so you wil still get some noise and vibration