What's new

Integrated 3rd brake light

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Picked up my new S15 yesterday lunchtime, and I must say I'm well pleased with the purchase. It has a small lip spoiler on the boot, which I prefer to the standard one, but it does mean I have no third brake light. Anyone know of any model specific ones out there that could be cut into the bootlid for example? :confused:

Thanks,
Mook

Reaction score
Country
Well mine has the 3rd brake light on the parcel shelf, this was because mine had the Nismo lip spoiler instead of the Aero option from the factory so there must be a part number for it if your interested in that ?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think all S15 except the aero ones had the rear brake light on the rear parcel shelf.
The aero ones had it in the rear wing instead.

I did find the part number for the lamp in Nissan FAST. But don't know if it's usable.
The part number for all high mount brake lights are the same :confused:

The one in the aero wing, the one you're thinking about. and another type which seems to be fitted close to the silvia text on the trunk (?) are all 26590-85F00

M

Matt_S

I think all S15 except the aero ones had the rear brake light on the rear parcel shelf.
The aero ones had it in the rear wing instead.

I did find the part number for the lamp in Nissan FAST. But don't know if it's usable.
The part number for all high mount brake lights are the same :confused:

The one in the aero wing, the one you're thinking about. and another type which seems to be fitted close to the silvia text on the trunk (?) are all 26590-85F00

That part number... you sure thats not the lamp holder? :wack:

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a newb question, but is the 3rd brakelight mandatory? Currently don't have a S15 but looking at picking one up next summer.

M

Matt_S

Apologies if this is a newb question, but is the 3rd brakelight mandatory? Currently don't have a S15 but looking at picking one up next summer.
Officially yes since 1998. But youll be OK come MOT unless you go to THE pickiest that really knows the rules n regs.
I dont think S14a Kouki front bumper indicators are officially permitted as theyre probably too low for 'legality' reasons.

Lights are supposed to be a minimum height off the ground etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
ahh i'm with you now, I thought I would be something along those lines :)

Cheers Matt

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Thanks guys, given there's a rear parcel shelf option I'd prefer to go with that as opposed to the bootlid one, saves hacking into the bodywork. Didn't realise they were mandatory, but I'd prefer one for safety reasons anyhow, practically every car has one now so not having one I think would be mildly unsafe.

Looks like 26370M is the puppy, though as said, both parts have the same number...

M

Matt_S

Try one from a UK car mate.Dunno what! :wack:

But might be easier. Unless youre a snob? ;)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I checked again and this time i didn't use my chassinumber as a reference :)

There are three available types as the pic shows.

The one mounted on the shelft in the rear screen is
26590-85F00

Aero spoiler one is:
26590-85F10

Trunk fitted one (Varietta) is:
26590-8V200

The "Lamp assy-stop" should contain all the bits in the pic, but I'm not sure if your car would have the loom to the rear parcel shelf as it probobly started off as an aero model and someone decided to remove the wing.

M

Matt_S

;)

I thought as much but my Japanese is about as good as my Inidan. And the closest I got to India is the Raj Restaurant by me :wack:

:D

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
*lol*

I've had an offer of a parcel shelf unit via a PM so going to follow that up. As far as loom goes it wont be a problem taking a line from the main brake light and bringing it back to the unit, did a similar thing when I fitted a third brake light into the spoiler of my old Rover - took a line back up and into the hatch and down again to the LED strip, never had a problem with it :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
;)

I thought as much but my Japanese is about as good as my Inidan. And the closest I got to India is the Raj Restaurant by me :wack:

:D
Lol. Same here :D
But I do have alot of english text with the version of FAST I'm using which is available here for contributing members :)

So no babelfish translations needed although the translations in FAST is the same on par with babelfish :wack: