What's new

act clutches and flywheels

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hey guys, just after advice and experiences with act clutches and flywheels......when i get the new setup installed im gonna have to uprate the clutch and have been considering the act 6 puck paddle heavy duty clutch and streetlite flywheel, my only worry is that ive been told to stay well away from paddles in the past ,but apparently this one is just as light and workable as the standard one.....can anyone verify that?
thanks.:D

M

Matt_S

Cant comment as I havent had one.

I ran an Exedy 3 puck paddle on the 14 and I was really impressed tho matched with an APT lightend flywheel.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
flywheel would be act streetlite, not quite as much weight shaved off as the prolite but should'nt shed revs as quickly...

M

Matt_S

Well, one thing I noticed on the S15 as its running a proper plated clutch n flywheel setup is how responsive it is. The revs rise n fall (at a stand) a LOT quicker than even the setup I had on the 14, which was a lot more noiceable over std.
It makes it a bit harder to heel n toe tho :wack:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
so in your opinion for overall responsiveness which would you go for? streetlite at 6.35kilos or prolite at 4.65kilos? occasional trips to the strip and odd track but mostly fast road....

M

Matt_S

Well, I dunno! :wack:

I dont know the weights of the equivalent Exedy items, but Id probably go for the heavier one if its a fast road car. The lighter flywheels can be a bit of an arse in traffic :wack:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
thats what i thought, had one on my old fto (thing came apart in the bellhousing - what a nightmare) but whilst it was ok i noticed that it had a bit of a negative affect on gearing if that makes sense, had to readjust my gearchanges...they were harder to get perfect if you get me...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well, I dunno! :wack:

I dont know the weights of the equivalent Exedy items, but Id probably go for the heavier one if its a fast road car. The lighter flywheels can be a bit of an arse in traffic :wack:
have to agree. I run a chromeolly flywheel from ORC with their 409 clutch and revs drop very quickly. If you're to slow on the shifter, the revs will be way off when you let the clutch go unless you give it some rev in between :)