What's new

Engine Torque Dampers?

Reaction score
Country
has any one got one?
do thay make a differnce? (or are thay just like "go faster" stripes:annoyed:)
any probs with them? ect

D

david

Had one on mine makes gear change smoother and the downside i found was u feel more engine vibration on idle.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
TBH, I think they are a waste of time. I have one fitted (got it for cheap) just never bothered taking it off. What David said is true, but I don't think they make enough of a difference to splash out on one unless you want it for a bit of engine bay bling.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
db power on the sxoc are doing a group buy on them atm, 38quid or something like that........:)

S

silviac

I had one but really waste of money and time but sold it so time only lol
too much vibration during idling through whole car!! wasn't my thing. imo it only holds the engine side ways but engine vibrates everywhere so... can't say it actually works..

J

Jpower

It works if you know how to adjust the dampener. Obviously there is more vibrations through the cabin because it transfers(dampens) the vibrations through the whole bracket itself which happens to attach to the strut tower (car body)

If you load the dampener up against the engine and back it off a little I found it made getting into 3rd in a drag race very quick as I could slam it into the gate instead of miss it like you do when the whole engine shakes.

Reaction score
Country
as Jpower says
its a damper and it can be adjusted. just have to set it up right. no issues with mine.. but saying that ive a poly gearbox mount so i feell all the vibrations anyway.. the idea of the damper is to give more initial torque when accelerating instead of the torque twisting the engine. thats why people upgrade the engine mounts too.. this also does the same job as the torque damper.

Reaction score
ive got one too, noticed a difference with it but got more vibration. Its worth having in my opinion.