What's new

Coilovers

T

the boot lad

Hey guys i have been offered a set of tein coilovers out of a s14,but im just wondering are they a direct fit for a s15,thanks guys.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Sorry to bring back an old thread but can I presume you had no difficulties with the coilovers? My HKS ones (Hipermax Pro's) are in need of a repair / refurb and I've been offered another set of HKS coilovers of of an imported S14 (1994). Just want to be sure they fit before I buy them...

Also, has anybody had HKS coilovers refurbished?

S

StarletRick

s14 share the same suspension with the 15.

but hks coilovers are poo.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Why? The ones I have at the minute are fantastic; but 2 years of daily driving on Irish roads has taken its toll :(

What would you recommend? I'm on a tight enough budget so figured second hand Brand names were better than new not so highly regarded ones...

Reaction score
Country
The APEX ones i have are very good for the money imo. Ive also heard good things about the HSD ones as well.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I gotta say I love the Tein SuperStreets on mine :)

But also know a lot of S14/S15 owners have Apex or DW HSD and they seem really good for the money... The thing about the Jap brands is that they don't tend to last very long. I expect my Teins to be kaput within about 2 years at the most lol but that's the price I'm willing to pay until I can afford Nitrons (and when they decide to make coilovers for McPherson struts!!) ;)

Last edited:
S

StarletRick

d2s are the same as hks, but purple ^^

the cs2 driftwork ones are supposed to be the bees knees. im thinking about those myself.

Reaction score
I have the Drift works CS2's :thumbs: love em to bits

Great quality, very fast rebound rate, great handling in the corners, and smooth ride at speed, extremely adjustable too,

but bouncy as hell on bad roads going slow probably due to the stiffer than average spring rates ;) but definitely worth putting up with for all the good points! :D

Reaction score
the drift works cs1's are the same as the hsd and the driftworks cs2's are a uprated newer version of the hsd's from what i was told by the guys when i bought mine....

i no alot of people with the apex ones and all say they are good too :thumbs: good price too i think ;)

Reaction score
Country
Unless your doing lots of serious track the cheaper APEX, HSD's etc will be fine. If track is your priority id be spending alot more money on Cusco, Ohlins etc.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Unless your doing lots of serious track the cheaper APEX, HSD's etc will be fine. If track is your priority id be spending alot more money on Cusco, Ohlins etc.
Well I've currently got HKS Hipermax Pros and I love them (gold upper mounts, camber/damper/height adjustable). I'll only be doing 2 or 3 trackdays a year but I don't see the point spending in the region of €1,000 downgrading to a comfy set up which is going to take the fun out of trackdays....

I've recently had all of the suspension link bushes replaced with Nismo ones, have rear camber & toe and front castor adjustable arms with an adjustable rear ARB & front strut brace. I'll need something to compliment the entire set up. To this end, will the CS2's do the job or Should I be spending more?

Reaction score
the cs2's have track/drift rated springs, and are also of a mono tube design just like the tein mono tube. the fronts are also of an inverted design which gives them added strength but some say this isnt the best thing.

they use them on the drift works s15 too and that thing gets some serious abuse haha....

i would love to say to you that they are great for track and drifting etc but i haven't done any track work in my car since fitting them but i do have the adjustable arms and strut braces to compliment them, there is barely any body roll at the mo but will be getting the whiteline arbs (or similar) to add to it all but as it is i think they are great! i wouldnt know what to expect from the car or hope to gain for spending an extra £300 either.

If you wanna no anything give em a ring. I spoke to ben (bonbon) about them and he knew everything there was to know haha :thumbs:

Last edited:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks Roots & everybody else...

I will have to have it ready for the SXOC trackday in July so I'd wanna be ordering these soon....

So the CS2's are my best bet then, or should I price up the Cusco / Ohlins? If I do go for the CS2's what would be the best option for me when it comes to spring rates? (sorry but I'm a complete noob at this stuff :eek: )

S

strut

are hsds rebuildable want some but dont wanna buy new ones in couple of years time again