What's new

HELP!! STRANGE bov....

N

nices15man

i bought a turbosmart bov when i first got my s15 and fitted it and everything was sweet.. but i recently had a profec b fitted and now its wiiiierd as. its not releasing pressure properly and blowing a heap of boost out the induction aswell...?? its hard to expain but it never fully goes pttsh it always flutters and when i sting it it barely goes off at all and most pressure is blown out the intake.. i also had a exhaust, intercooler and panel filter fitted at the same time if that changes anything.. i took it back to the shop twice and he had a bit of a look at it but was a dick about it so ive given up on them.. ive also taken the bov apart and lubed it up and its all sweet in there but it was brand new anyway. PLEAAASE HELP MEEEE!!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
sounds like its just re-circin instead of release the pressure through the bov. The noise coming from the filter is normal if your running the 'pigeon' noise.

IMO from tried and tested BOV's... No BOV > ANY BOV.. Dont dig the noise of them anymore, The Chatter is so nice :p lol.

N

nices15man

nah its all plummed properly cause it was sweet as before the profec b wick makes me think that its got something to do with the vaccume lines but i dont know enough about it!... i wouldnt have thought it should blow out thi intake with a full atmo bov fitted? even with it on its softest setting its still the same

M

Matt_S

Yeh thats what I meant! Check ALL the vacuum hoses for the DV and the Profec.

N

nices15man

..what should i check for im not real sure on it, like its holding good boost but i dunno about the routing of the lines? ill try find a fitting guide..

M

Matt_S

I think youve somehow screwed the plumbing of the BOV up when you fotted the profec.