What's new

Which way does the oil come out and in?

S

silviac

Does oil come out of the middle hole from the block? Does my diagram right for the oil cooler?

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
the oil comes out of the "side" and back in the middle hole, so in your diagram, switch the lines from the block to the relocation plate.

you should mount the core so that the "in" line to the oil cooler is at the bottom.

other than that it's good to go :)

M

Matt_S

That diagrams wrong. It should go Block to filter, out the filter to cooler and then cooler back to block. So you need a long hose going from the cooler to the block.

S

silviac

Matt, My bad for no explanation on the diagram.

Anyway here is the updated pic

S

silviac

Then dont just say wrong, explain what is wrong. I don't see a reason that it should go directly to the engine block from the the cooler without passing through filter adapter. Even my cooler is designed like that.

M

Matt_S

Can you put pics up of your kit at all? Proper pics? Ill admit Im assuming it doesnt have the four outlets on the reloc head like you make out it your Blue Peter sketches :p ;). Most have two. In and out.
Oil should be filtered whilst it is warmest. SO filter it before it goes to the cooler.
Oil comes off the bolck on an adapter - into the reloc head and thro the filter. Out of the filter, to the cooler and then back into the block. Three hoses. Just like I said ;)

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

OK, then in that case, yeh, your diagram is 'kinda' right. Just make sure you filter the oil before its cooled. :thumbs:

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
yep the second diagram is on the money.

you don't get a choice of when (pre or post cooler) the oil is filtered in a kit like that but the trust kit is designed to filter the oil pre-cooler :)

PS - post pics of the install! :D