What's new

S15 SR20DET w/S14 mission.....which pilot bearing?

S

superbike81

I'm a little confused on this.

I'm installing an S15 Spec-R motor into my Spec S. However, I am using an S14 5-spd transmission and clutch and flywheel. I know the pilot bearings are different, but I'm unsure of which one I need to order for my swap.

If I could please get an answer to this asap that would be great. I start my swap in 5 days, and gotta get the part tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks!

M

Matt_S

If you mean the spiggot bearing (that goes in the end of the crank) then use the S14 one (if theyre different - which I doubt they are!).
Im guessing your gonna use the S14 clutch and flywheel setup too, so use everythign for the S14 :thumbs:

S

superbike81

Well, the pilot bearing on the 15 is in the crankshaft. In the 14 it's in the flywheel (I think), so I'm trying to figure it out before I do my motor/tranny swap next weekend. I've been told the bearing for the 13/14 is the same, but the 15 is different.

M

Matt_S

WRONG!

We're talking about the spiggot bearing (in the UK anyway). The S14 one taps in the end of the crank.

Afaik S14 and S15 cranks are the same. Therefore, they will take the same diameter bearing. The inner diameter oft he bearing would be dependent of the size of the input shaft of the gearbox. If theyre the same size input shaft, theyre probably the same bearing.