What's new

Fitting Braided turbo lines

W

WATDA

Hi guys, Ive just purchased a earls braided line set for the oil and coolant lines for the turbo. Has anyone got pics of them installed on there car. IM running stock manifold/turbo. Having trouble fitting the coolant line at the front of the turbo, does the 90deg bends go to the block or the turbo? Theres not much room to bend the braided line between the manifold and around to the coolant elbow. Any help would be great
Andrew

W

WATDA

Hi mate, The lines I have are different and have a 90 deg fitting on one end and a normal straight fitting on the other

J

Jpower

Hey I've fitted them.

The 90 degree bends go on the turbo. You have to install them so they clear the actuator, this will be very tight but just enough clearance.

Use teflon tape on the threads when doing this.

There will be a lot of swearing when it comes to mounting the manifold and turbo to the engine and having to line up the braided lines which are hard because they don't kink.

Good luck champ!

W

WATDA

I ended up putting the 90 deg bend on the coolant elbow, no way was it going to fit on turbo side, my accualtor has the bend in it, I think the straight accualtor arms can get away with it

S

silviac

Just wondering how you guys fitted coolant line that goes onto the block from turbo.

Did you make a 270° loop and attached to the block or went around the turbo and intake and attached to the block?