What's new

Heat Shield

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a loud vibration noise coming from the engine bay since my accident, and i'm pretty sure i have narrowed it down to being the exhaust manifold heat shield, is this an essential item or can i remove it and still use the car with out too many worries? Idealy i will get a new one from some where asap but the noise is dreadful!

Also does anyone know if the shield is difficult to remove? Will there be any pipes or clips that surround it that must come off too? I'm guessin the two electrical plugs and bracket will have to be taken off to get at it?

S

Skidder

You can take the heat sheild off without any prolem make sure you keep the plugs away from heat cable tie them to the bulk head 3 bolts in top of cover 1 on side should come off pretty easy .
Are you sure the turbo on your car is o.k?

Reaction score
My turbo? I think its ok, its boosting fine and theres alot of power still? would this make a vibration noise if damaged?

I have taken the manifold heat sheild off and the noise is still there? Not sure if the turbo shield can be reached?

Anyone else had a noise like this around 3K?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I had an annoying rattly noise (also heard during idling) which seemed like it was from the engine area inside the car but listening to it outside was more like around the front pipe or after.

Turned out to be cat heatshield which was fixed in 5 mins by tightening :)

Reaction score
I must admit i have been looking at the front pipe cover and thinking it might be there! hard to listen to it revving the engine and hanging out the door upside down :D

Reaction score
sorry for a newbish question (but i'm new to the world S15's) but are you not able to rev the engine from underneath the bonnet as in from the engine bay itself?

S

StarletRick

you could do, tie some string to the throttle body and pull it.

it would be easier to ask your wife/kids/neighbour/friend to just sit in it and rev it though.