What's new

Intake plug?..

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Ok, bit random and at work so no access to take or upload pics. So i shall try explain it best i can.

SR20DET Engine. Pretty Standard.

-FMIC
-Battered to death Apexi Filter
-Blitz BOV.

Now, the BOV Was originally connected to the intake, If you imagine follow the pipe/hose thing from the end of the apexi filter back a bit, there's a pipe that comes off that.. runs over the top of the rocker (plastic thing) and then to the other side of the bay (Which was connected to the Blitz BOV) so.. removed that pipe and connected the BOV to the smaller end on the FMIC Intake pipe.

However, with removing the pipes/hose that goes over the rocker and back to the filter intake side, it obviously leaves a hole and its currently got a broom handle in it which is jubalee'd in place.

This aint right obviously but we did what we could with what we had at the time lol. Now, what do you guys use? Im away to get the entire engine re-done within the next few months and the plan was going to be to get a brand new intake hose and stick on an HKS Mushroom filter on the end. I cant see what that wouldnt work right?

Thanks.. hope im not being too vage' (sp?)
Cheers
-Mint

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
magic, yeh i wondered if there was something you guys used. Im not a fan at all of this dump valve tho tbh, sounds lame and in turn the car keeps stalling however i cant put it back to OEM as the hoses have been customized to fit.

Its all going to be replaced shortly tho. Thanks for that mate

P

Pazz

You aren't recirc'ing anyways so the car wont be running too well, it will be overfueling on lift off and most likely backfiring every now and again (can depend on exhuast system).

I will plug one of Nicelys' guides. http://www.jull.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=74

The guide above details the size of plug you will need to block the pipe.
Inlet: 27mm
Outlet: 30mm

However I couldnt find those sizes on eBay etc, so I ordered:
Inlet: 28mm
Outlet: 34mm

And they both fitted fine, especially if your order the outlet plug on eBay that has the extra bit of pipe to make things a bit neater. Total price was something around a £10 for both. They do come from China so expect a wait.

Are you running a cat???? (no, not the house-hold pet :D)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Well it has a cat however about a month ago i got a solid week of flying honeycomb goodness come flying out ;) its fried.. another thing to sort with the full system.

Thanks for that, shed a bit more light on the whole thing.
Your right, im getting alot of backfiring at the moment, which has helped to destroy my new HKS backbox (Hole in it already!)

I think im going to be getting samco to custom me up some hoses/pipe for the intake anyways so i technically wont need to block it up. Just wondered what you folks did.

M

Matt_S

If youre running a DV and running MAF as part of the ECU then you need to recirc mate.

P

Pazz

:eek: All that damage down to just not recirc'ing!!!

Its not a full system I take it then?

If you have the cash its definetly worth getting a 3" turbo back setup. Then just lap the original recirc valve back on. Yeah it may not sound as "cool" but it will return better mpg and preserve the life your exhuast system.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yes well the list is massive on whats getting uprated to manifold back will be changed, every hose/pipe in the engine will be changed over, new filters (oil,air) all the guage hoses/wires will be taken back to new, every removed out the bay not need, new rad, a/c out probally, oil catch can etc etc, basically most things will be done. So i'll get it sorted come time when she's officially SORN'd.

P

Pazz

Oook, well I wouldnt of thought all of that would be enitrely necessary.

But unless you go recirc you will still have the overfueling etc.