What's new

Clutch engagement problems!!!

W

WATDA

I have just replaced my stock dual mass and clutch with a Jun lightweight flywheel and aftermarket clutch and im having issues with the clutch slipping. The clutch engages right at the top of the clutch pedal travel and after driving it for 200km its begun to slip in higher gears. Clutch must be slightly engaged while driving casuing it to slip. Any ideas how i can lower the engagement point so it engages lower to the ground>?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You should be able to adjust the clutch pedal from within the cabin.
Can't exactly remember how though but if you search on the sxoc.co.uk I'm sure you'll find a thread there on how to do it.

W

WATDA

Yeah the clutch engages right at the very end of the travel so I think its slightly riding the clutch.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
ah, sorry. was thinking about clutches with wire instead of hydraulics.

I would bleed your clutch fluid and check the level.

If that doesn't work I have no idea what can be wrong. Maybe you've got the wrong clutch?

Reaction score
You need to adjust the preload on the clutch with the bolt and two nuts on the back of the clutch peddle. It takes about 500k's for the clutch to bed in so its just a simple adjustment:)

W

WATDA

Ok we pulled the master out and refitted with a bleed and then it was very hard to engage gear, wasnt fully engaging clutch with foot right to the floor, Looks like the slave piston will need to be extended!!!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ok we pulled the master out and refitted with a bleed and then it was very hard to engage gear, wasnt fully engaging clutch with foot right to the floor, Looks like the slave piston will need to be extended!!!
So now the clutch engages close to the floor?
That can be adjusted as auss15 mentioned :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep, was going to mention the slave piston but forgot to reply. Its exactly what happened when I fitted the Super Coppermix. The reduced thickness of the clutch plate made quite a bit of difference to the fork being able to be engaged properly.

W

WATDA

Well we lengthen the rod and still didnt make a difference. Now its gone back to how it was at the beginning and engaging right at the top of the pedal!!!!! Any ideas what else could casue this? One moment its biting right at the top of the pedal and next its barely engaging the clutch on the floor. Theres no leaks and everything has been bleed. This is starting to piss me off and ive got a trackday in 1 week ahhh

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Do you still have that loop in the clutch line close to the slave cylinder?
I think you have to bleed the system in two places but I'm not sure.

You could get a braided clutch line and remove the loop. Then the system only needs to be bleed close to the master cylinder I beliave.

W

WATDA

Ahhhh still having issues, Its fully bleed just hard to engage, seems to get worse once its been driven for a bit. Lengthing slave rod did jack all :(:(:(