What's new

Boost

Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently got my car back from the body shop :D
I noticed my car boosts at 0.6 bar under hard acceleration, but as the rev's climb so does the boost.. it gets up to 0.8, some times a little over before gear change then back to 0.6 again.

Would this be an actuator problem? Or a leak in the small pipe i have read about in other posts? i checked the piping and didn't see anything. Should the boost be a constant figure all the way through the gears?

Thank you for any help, sorry if i am asking a question already answered many times :)

(The car has a Nismo exhaust system and Blitz induction)

G

GUEST_JDM

if your echaust is stright through 3 inch or bigger you will see a rise in boost pressure above 0.6 no matter what cause the flow out the exhaust turbine is so much easier than out the waste gate old kid, mine does this any way even with an electronic boost controller due to all the breathing and exhaust mods done to the car, once i hit 5 grand and up to 7 my boost will rise from 0.8 - 1.2 bar

S

StarletRick

uits just boost creep, mine creeps up to .9 on the stock setup.

get a decent boost controller and youll be able to get it under control.

if you have an good EBC and its still creeping, you need to tune the boost controller a bit better...

Reaction score
Country
Yep, i had same problem as Rick. When you change the exhaust including dcat etc the boost raises and begins creeping nearing the top of the rev range. You need a EBC to keep this under control as running higher than 0.8 boost on standard JDM ECU mapping can cause DET.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mine was creeping to 0.7 and sometimes a little over...

But then checked the bit of pipe that goes from cold pipe to the stock actuator and the piece that holds the rubber tube at the cold pipe end was slightly broken.

Removed the pipe completely, used Ardalite to cover original hole then drilled a connector piece into top of cold pipe which then re-connected with rubber pipe to actuator.

Now I get 0.6 all the time - solid boost control... no creeping :)

P

Pazz

Mine hits 0.8kg/cm^3 after 5k+ rpm so may be time for EBC.

I'd love one of the HKS EVC range, but I see they arent cheap. Which is the best value for money? I'd like one that can be linked with rpm or speed if necessary

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine used to hit 122kPa at around 4.5-5k... :p

The HKS EVC5 was what I had. Rock solid control and a piece of piss to set. The EVC6 has more features. This usually means more complicated, though it would be goin some to beat the complexity of the AVC-R.... :wack: