What's new

Minor boost leak / squeak!

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just had my engine mounts changed, and since i have got the car back i think i have picked up a really minor boost leak.. (Not noticing a drop in boost on either the pillar guage or B/C readings) however on full boost (under load only) i get what can only be described as someone letting air out of a balloon really slowly... It makes a kind of high pitch squeeking sound :rolleyes:

I took the car back and we've had a good look around, there is nothing obvious, tightened everything up... It's an annoyance and isn't affecting performance..

Has anyone had anything similar before? I take it it is probably going to be a b***h to find?

Setup is: FMIC and Profec Spec B II B/C running currently @ 0.9bar, induction and turbo back exhaust..

It is going to Jez shortly for a re-map and therefore i would rather try and get this sorted beforehand..

Thanks for any replies :thumbs:
Als

W

WATDA

Hehe mines just started doing this. Whistles under full boost, im thinking one of the gaskets but its a pain in the ass to find so will wait till it gets worse

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys... ah well that is a pain in the ar$e! I think I will do the same in that case... cant find any boost leaks, so will wait and see if it gets worse.. and as the engine would have been jacked up slightly it probably has moved something!

Z

zimmi

i have the same problem and am also suspecting a gasket, quite common on sr20's apparently

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mines started as well, only under high load :rolleyes: - but isnt having a real effect on performance