What's new

ECU remapping with Jez - max SAFE boost??

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys,

I have read a couple of threads on here, and a lot of people seem to be setting their max boost to 1.2bar..

Just wanted to check peoples opinion's on whether that is safe to run with a stock turbo?

My setup:
FMIC
Induction kit
Apexi GT exhaust (now with Apexi ATS - so much quieter now, and hardly any performance change!!)
Blitz front pipe & decat
Colder plugs
Greddy Profec specB II boost controller
Walbro fuel pump

I want to get the most out of the car without having issues with reliability.. The low setting on B/C is currently 0.9bar, and was thinking of getting Jez to map the car at 1.2bar for my high setting...

What are people's thoughts and opinions?

Thx
Als :thumbs:

M

Matt_S

You can run that boost on the std turbo with supporting mods. But if I were you Id put a Z32 AFM and a set of 555cc injictors in there just for safe measure :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
^^^ what he said is correct having a Z32 AFM and higher rated injectors should do the job
oh have u uprated ur actuator that would be a good one aswell as it will hole boost better the hks is a good one which most ppl will use

Reaction score
^^^ what he said is correct having a Z32 AFM and higher rated injectors should do the job
oh have u uprated ur actuator that would be a good one aswell as it will hole boost better the hks is a good one which most ppl will use
Hi Ming do you have a part number for the HKS Actuator as im looking to change mine as well,im also after a Z32 anyone know where I can get a good one,sorry for the hijak als:wack:.
My car is currently running at 1.3 bar max on standard turbo though it has peaked at 1.47 before now,thats the current peak reading on the boost controller I have.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
So i understand the injectors part, ie: the standard ones start to max out around this level of boost, but is it the case that the standard AFM cannot measure the equivalent volume of air on intake as well?

To avoid these changes right now what boost is ok to run without these mods?

Also, (as far as i am aware) the actuator is standard, what benefit does HKS one give me over the standard one?

M

Matt_S

Standard ones start to max out yeh. Standard AMF maxes out abotu the same. So to be on the safe side (you did mention reliability) just get them too.
You cant really run more than actuator boost level with the std map (and some say thats almsot asking for trouble with the std map being for 100 RON fuel).

An HKS actuator is adjustable and can hold boost for longer than the std one.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi Ming do you have a part number for the HKS Actuator as im looking to change mine as well,im also after a Z32 anyone know where I can get a good one,sorry for the hijak als:wack:.
My car is currently running at 1.3 bar max on standard turbo though it has peaked at 1.47 before now,thats the current peak reading on the boost controller I have.
1.3BAR...ur maxing out ur whole engine atm without stronger internals and if u drive it hard a lot u better be carefull....
ur std turbo will be maxing about 1.2bar anyway also the internals...

u can pick up a hks actuator from apex i think its about 80ish pounds ...

right as matt_s says

u dont have to uprate the airflow meter but it would be better....

M

Matt_S

1.2 to 1.3 bar on the std turbo is the max Id run. Thats with a remap and inj/afm/plugs etc.
After that the turbo is outside its efficiency and you wont really see any gain for the boost increase.

Reaction score
1.3BAR...ur maxing out ur whole engine atm without stronger internals and if u drive it hard a lot u better be carefull....
ur std turbo will be maxing about 1.2bar anyway also the internals...

u can pick up a hks actuator from apex i think its about 80ish pounds ...

right as matt_s says

u dont have to uprate the airflow meter but it would be better....
I know its almost on max thats why I am trying to get more parts for it,the 555cc injectors are almost at there limit and I dont drive the car hard at all very rearly go past 1bar,the boost controller is set at 1.3maxto alert me.Thanks for the info on the actuator I will be looking into that asap.Also bid on the Z32 thanks Matt:thumbs: what kind of price did you guys pay for yours?,dont wanna pay too much for it.

M

Matt_S

SO did I, it was on the car already, but I bought another one cos it wasnt running right and I didnt want to find out on the rollers/at APT it was the AFM fudged and lose my mapping slot ;)

G

gunner93

Somehow, I may revert back to stock AFM and stock turbo elbow. Save fuel and less lag! :nod:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
SO did I, it was on the car already, but I bought another one cos it wasnt running right and I didnt want to find out on the rollers/at APT it was the AFM fudged and lose my mapping slot ;)
i got given my by a frd which got a R33 and decided he didnt wanna run afm anymore and direct air or something cant remmeber hehe