What's new

anyone with tein flex coilovers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hi guys, i need to pick your brains.

my car seems as though one of the rear coilovers is fitted the wrong way round???
the ride height on the passenger side rear differs ever so slightly from the drivers side rear, and when i looked underneath the sticker on the bottom of one strut faces rear and the other faces forward....it looks as though they can be just undone on the top mounts and lower arms and span round, but if anyone knows which way the stickers should face when correctly fitted it would help!
probably the sva testers handywork again:rolleyes:
thanks in advance!

M

Matt_S

The lower mounts should face forward. The mounting faces are offset. Putting it on the wrong way will give you a different ride height. Can you get pics of them so we can see?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cant upload pics at the moment, what way round should they be then? stickers facing towards the back of the car or the front?

M

Matt_S

OK, have a look at the way the lower mount is attached to the car. See if you can see any difference between the two. Ill see if I have any struts here laying about so I can take a pic for you (sayign that my phone is eing gay and not connecting to my laptop atm :wack: )

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
they dont look different to be honest, just the stickers are the opposite way round. they are bolted on with a single captive bolt on the bottom of the strut......

Z

zimmi

i dont think the stickers really mean anything because they are just stuck on any side if you follow this link to the gallery and scroll down to the tein car there is a pic of the suspension it should look like, i just checked mine and they are the same with the protruding bit at the bottom of the strut facing the wheel.if they do look like that then you may just need to adjust the height which is fairly simple. hope this helps
http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=890&page=7