What's new

Camber problem / who can adjust?

subzero

Reaction score
went out the other day to find a falt tire on the s15 . looked adn saw loads of thread on the outside and felt my way in, seemed ok .

them took off the rim .... the very inside had been worn away drastically..... i thought the camber was just right and suited the car, but must be too aggressive.

whats the best way to set it up ?? is there measurments to follow to set up properly?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Personally Id take it somewhere to have it done.

But I can only recommend somewhere in essex, which is a bit far for you.

Just got all mine sorted out today :)

subzero

Reaction score
ah sure essex is only a couple of hundred miles , oh and a boat ride . but i will be in england next week :D

must check out the usefull threads section again then. ( damn page spoils all the chit chat on this site :D )

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey buddy there are magnetic gauges on ebay that do the job so you can set the camber yourself, i have one at home and havent had any issues

Z

zaero

Why was your rear camber out in the first place?
Is your S15 lowered, how much?

Without bushes or adjustable rear camber arms, if you lower the car too much you won't be able to adjust it back to a reasonable level.

I've seen between -3.5 and -4deg rear camber on lowered S15s without adjustable arms so a wheel alignments is not going to help you much without them.

see how you

subzero

Reaction score
hey buddy there are magnetic gauges on ebay that do the job so you can set the camber yourself, i have one at home and havent had any issues
more info dude ... easy to use ??

@zaero - its the front mate,the rear is cambered too but not too much ..... everything inb the front is adjustable . i was just wondering what degree etc to set it at / figure it out .

Z

zaero

OK, I thought you were talking about the rear...... anyhow.....

For the front, the standard alignment is -1.5deg camber and up to 1mm toe out or in.

You should be able to run -2deg to -2.5deg camber without any problems, but try to keep the toe neutral. It's mostly the toe that will scrub your tyres out so try it at 0mm. If the car has lousy turn in then maybe add 1mm total toe out.

Hope this helps.