Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fueling

Liked
    doesnt mean u dont do it hehe
    yeh i brought put the stock one back on next week when it warms up...co damn cold this week...

Meddy Guest
    It will pop and bang with the BOV but your mileage shouldnt be that bad, mine wasnt. Just buy a PFC then the popping will go away.

Liked
    Well, after its mapped as well...

Liked
    thing is now ive decided not to mod the car anymore...just make it look little bit prettier now

Meddy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    Well, after its mapped as well...
    Nope the stock base map on the PFC will remove the problems associated with a atmos BOV. Mileage was improved from the stock ECU on the base map as well, but not much. However as you say now its mapped Im pulling a lot more power and also getting another 110 miles out of a tank.

Liked
    To be fair though, if you're not planning on doing too much except sort the fuelling and up the boost slightly, it would be much more cost effective to buy a Horsham chip and get Jez to do a custom map. Couple of hundred pounds.

Liked
    Ok guys- seeing as we're talking about fuel economy...Mine is cr4p. And what's worse, mine seems to have a memory! After going to the track - (90ks on 3/4 tank!!!), now my car gets 200k's to a tank normal driving. Go easy for a while (ie 2 tanks), then it creeps up. This is first memory attack I've had, I really hop my next tank gives me the regular 300ks' (to think I'd ever want only 300k's!) My best is 400k's and that included some highway driving.

ps have Trust BOV, and pops, backfires and flames
    What do you call a Rx7 with reliability, decent build quality and a better exhaust note? - a specR S15!

Liked
    Have you reset your ECU? It has a self learn feature which can play havoc with fuel consumption. I'd say reset first, then take it from there if you consumption hasn't improved over the next couple of tanks. To reset, disconnect the battery, turn the light on and off and leave it for an hour before reconnecting.

If you've got a Consult interface, you can reset via the Datascan software.

Jono Guest
    ECU resets cure all manor of strange events!

As for popping at the 14 year olds...

Liked
    The BOV will be a primary cause of flaming. It also contributes to higher fuel consumption.

Popping 14 year olds? That's totally illegal!