What's new

Fueling

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys I've noticed after installing my HKS bov that fuel seems to be going a lot quicker..and when i am in very low boost the exhaust pop...has anyone else experienced this.?
would this have anything to do with the ecu thinking it need more fuel hence the poping
as I am thinking of puting the stock bov back on as one tanks is only geting me less then 180..iam geting scared now petrol is killing me

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its called overfuelling and goes hand in hand with BOVs and pigeons :D When you change gear and the BOV releases, a load of unburnt fuel gets dumped down the exhaust. The heat from the eaxhaust ignites the fuel and BANG or POP (often accompanied by flamage...)

The most efficient setup for a BOV is in conjunction with a recirc valve...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
cuz my petrol is going so quick compared to b4 it wont last me a week.... :eek:
looks like iam gonna put stock one back on for now

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Or it may be because your driving along in 2nd gear up at 5500rpm then lifting off to see all the girls look round at you......... fuel wont last long then :p :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
doesnt mean u dont do it hehe :D
yeh i brought put the stock one back on next week when it warms up...co damn cold this week...

M

Meddy

It will pop and bang with the BOV but your mileage shouldnt be that bad, mine wasnt. Just buy a PFC then the popping will go away. :nod: :D

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Well, after its mapped as well... :p
Nope the stock base map on the PFC will remove the problems associated with a atmos BOV. Mileage was improved from the stock ECU on the base map as well, but not much. However as you say now its mapped Im pulling a lot more power and also getting another 110 miles out of a tank. :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
To be fair though, if you're not planning on doing too much except sort the fuelling and up the boost slightly, it would be much more cost effective to buy a Horsham chip and get Jez to do a custom map. Couple of hundred pounds. :)

Reaction score
Ok guys- seeing as we're talking about fuel economy...Mine is cr4p. And what's worse, mine seems to have a memory! After going to the track - (90ks on 3/4 tank!!!), now my car gets 200k's to a tank normal driving. Go easy for a while (ie 2 tanks), then it creeps up. This is first memory attack I've had, I really hop my next tank gives me the regular 300ks' (to think I'd ever want only 300k's!) My best is 400k's and that included some highway driving.

ps have Trust BOV, and pops, backfires and flames :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Have you reset your ECU? It has a self learn feature which can play havoc with fuel consumption. I'd say reset first, then take it from there if you consumption hasn't improved over the next couple of tanks. To reset, disconnect the battery, turn the light on and off and leave it for an hour before reconnecting.

If you've got a Consult interface, you can reset via the Datascan software.

J

Jono

ECU resets cure all manor of strange events!

As for popping at the 14 year olds... :rotfl:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The BOV will be a primary cause of flaming. It also contributes to higher fuel consumption.

Popping 14 year olds? That's totally illegal! :eek: :p