What's new

Bodykit clearance from ground

J

JayDM

Guys,

How low can you go to clear a standard speed hump? Is 150mm sufficient?

Thx

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
It depends, my car sits approx 4.5" off the floor at the front and most speed bumps arent an issue (just slow down and take it handy) but there is one locally I just can't cross (its a particularly bad one in a housing estate). Plus it can catch the road when your pulling out of petrol stations etc and I have caught it once before on a dip in the road (I was very lucky I was going slow). But I don't know how Irish roads would compare to Malaysian ones, Irish roads are terrible.

The height is also a nuisance if you need to jack up the car and depending on your skirts your portable jack (the one you use when you have a puncture) won't work...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Exhausts are usually more of an issue.
Yeah i lowered my car a further 50-60mm on saturday and i now cant get over any speed bumps or even get into my driveway without some SERIOUS noise's from down below ><'!

I hit a rabit the other day and it nailed the front bar was sooo loud! then hit the exhaust and clunked.

I scrape on normal roads tho, quick paced driving with a slight dip can see my cat / exhaust bottom out with the odd spark here and there :thumbs: She needs raised ... roll on my birthday weekend ****!! :rotfl:

G

gunner93

I was trial fitting some rear diffuser last weekend at the garage but when I thought about all the basement car parks where I had to climb ramps with humps... it dawned upon me that its just not practical for a semi-daily drive. :no:

J

JayDM

Trial,
Roads in most parts of malaysian roads are bearable for lowered cars, minus housing estates with speed humps and of course basement carparks. BTW, those are some nice kits on your car.

Gunner,
thats why I will rarely drive to places I dunno in the silvia.

On stock aero kit,with almost full lowering, I get about 4.5" on the front and about 5.5-6" along the side skirts. So far no major scrapping issues

Like Nicely said, i get occasional scrubs on the exhaust bend but its not that bad.

The reason I brought up the issue is cuz i was thinkin of installing some new bodykits. Taking the exhaust as the benchmark, I suppose thats the maximum i can go :D

D

david

for testing brakes in a brake rollers it has to be no less than 4 and a half inchs also.