What's new

Thickness of gaskets and weight of bride seat

S

silviac

Does the thickness of gasket matter for Throttle body? also for any exhaust related pipe connection as well as turbo etc?

Also how heavy is the bride reclinable seat or any aftermarket and the rail?

I think the factory is 11kg including rail.

S

StarletRick

gasket thickness isnt really a big issue, unless youve got some silly thick gaskets that will throw off the measurements. most gaskets will be around 1mm thick.

as for the bride question.

what seat are you on about, they make alot of seats, in alot of materials, all weighing in differently.

one things fur sure though, they'll be lighter than stock seats.

Reaction score
only gasket thickness you want to worry about is the headgasket. the rest don't really matter.

not a clue on seat weights though.

S

silviac

I think the only reclinable bride is Low Max GIAS?

Yea I think the seat itself will weigh less but the bracket and rail seem pretty heavy due to a lot of steel construction....

S

StarletRick

most eat rails are about 1-2kg depending on how they are made (sidemount rails tend to be lighter).

the bride stradia is also a reclining bucket, its much nicer for everyday use, the side boulsters on the gias are hella big and are a pain getting in and out of the car.

as for weight, they come in 3 materials, carbon, carbon-kevlar and frp. look on the bride sie for weight. id be shocked if they were over 6kg

S

silviac

just found out that GIAS weighs 12kg!!!! and seat rail is 5kg!!! It's not a weight reduction at all!!

Reaction score
Country
I have the Bride Gias in mine... very nice seat..
yes the side boulsters are a pain.. that why i got a snap off steering wheel on mine :thumbs:

Bride do alot more Recliner seats... brix 1 and 2...

as for the weight not too sure.. but the standard S15 seat is very light as it is.