What's new

Best turbo for SR20DET (Street/Track)

C

Chris S15

like i said, i'm hesitant too, but...just gonna have to wait and see.

i'll be dynoing it once it's all put together and i'll post it up for proof (as well as a comparison to when it was stock).

Reaction score
Country
I know this is an old thread, but it has some excellent knowledge gems. I have been researching this exact question a lot recently and have put together a sr20det turbo guide. Any feedback welcome, turbo choices are always subjective but I tried to stick to the facts and reported experiences.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I know this is an old thread, but it has some excellent knowledge gems. I have been researching this exact question a lot recently and have put together a sr20det turbo guide. Any feedback welcome, turbo choices are always subjective but I tried to stick to the facts and reported experiences.
Can’t believe there are no Borg Warner’s in there .

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
And the 2871R is as old as the hills now, been super seeded by the GTX series. There are so many variations with housing sizes, turbine size etc which will make more of a difference to how the car drives than just slapping something on.

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

I am new to the club but been doing a S15 project with my son, we installed Borg Warner EFR 7163 with twin scrolls. We use internals components (No external Waste gate and BOV). I have issues with the stock IWG where it reaches 14 PSI (Max) at 4500 RPM and then dropping after that. Max Power = 365.49 at 6500 RPM, Max *BOOST = 14.07.
I am planning to get aftermarket IWG from turbosmart (PN:IWG-75, TS-0620-2143).